Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: RPCNA Testimony, Voting and the Explanatory Declaration

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 18, 2007
      Samantha E wrote:
      > Given the subject of voting being up right now, what would any of you
      > here say regarding Ron Paul who is running for president (Republican) in
      > the next presidential election (USA)? Below is his statement of faith
      > as sent to me by a friend.
      > ~Samantha
      >
      > I am running for president to restore the rule of law and to
      > stand up for our divinely inspired Constitution.

      I have a serious problem with this line, and would need clarification of
      some others.
    • Ic Neltococayotl
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 18, 2007
        Larry,

        Well the Republican Party calls itself God's Party. So they need their
        Sacred Writ if they are going to call themselves that. Like Hezbollah,
        which means the Party of God. Both are warmongers.

        More politically driven than God-fearers, in my view. Most of politicos
        put their party first and God second, unless they can use Him for their
        own ends...then flows the Christianise

        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...>
        wrote:

        > Samantha E wrote:
        > > Given the subject of voting being up right now, what would any of
        you
        > > here say regarding Ron Paul who is running for president
        (Republican) in
        > > the next presidential election (USA)? Below is his statement of
        faith
        > > as sent to me by a friend.
        > > ~Samantha
        > >
        > > I am running for president to restore the rule of law and to
        > > stand up for our divinely inspired Constitution.
        >

        > I have a serious problem with this line, and would need clarification
        of
        > some others.

      • Larry Bump
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 18, 2007
          Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
          > Larry,
          >
          > Well the Republican Party calls itself God's Party. So they need their
          > Sacred Writ if they are going to call themselves that. Like Hezbollah,
          > which means the Party of God. Both are warmongers.

          I haven't been too wild about them since that Lincoln fellow.

          Larry
        • forisraelssake
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 18, 2007
            > Larry,
            >
            > Well the Republican Party calls itself God's Party. So they need their
            > Sacred Writ if they are going to call themselves that. Like Hezbollah,
            > which means the Party of God. Both are warmongers.
            >
            > More politically driven than God-fearers, in my view. Most of politicos
            > put their party first and God second, unless they can use Him for their
            > own ends...then flows the Christianise
            >
            > Edgar

            In fairness to Paul, he is anti-war to the utmost and despises war and
            is the only Republican candidate for presidency that is against the
            military-industrial complex, voted against the Iraq War in the House,
            and makes the immediate withdrawal of all American forces from Iraq a
            part of his platform. (Actually he wants all American troops out of
            every country in the world, and the US out of the UN and the UN out of
            the US). He is running as a Republican because of the reality of the
            two-party state, not because he is part of the cult of Lincoln.

            Elder Bump, if you could vote for Ronald Reagan, then you could
            happily and joyfully vote for Ron Paul, who exceeds Reagan in all
            respects. I support Mr Paul. (Though as a Canadian that is of little
            help with the nomination process.)

            http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/ - Articles by and about Paul

            --Chris
          • Larry Bump
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 18, 2007
              forisraelssake wrote:
              > Elder Bump, if you could vote for Ronald Reagan, then you could
              > happily and joyfully vote for Ron Paul, who exceeds Reagan in all
              > respects. I support Mr Paul. (Though as a Canadian that is of little
              > help with the nomination process.)

              I was not a believer when I voted for Reagan. I would not have, had I
              the same scruples I do now.

              Larry
            • Deejay
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 19, 2007

                Many folks including Christians, voted for George Dubya,  cos he supposedly "wears his faith on this sleeve," yet as a somewhat ignorant Brit bystander, I find that an oxymoron in many respects. I'm not questioning his estate, just that his so-called "Christian stance"  when he openly practices pluralism amongst other things; it would probably be better if he didn't "wear his faith on his sleeve" that way he couldn't bring it into disrepute!

                ~Deejay

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...> wrote:

                > forisraelssake wrote:
                > > Elder Bump, if you could vote for Ronald Reagan, then you could
                > > happily and joyfully vote for Ron Paul, who exceeds Reagan in all
                > > respects. I support Mr Paul. (Though as a Canadian that is of little
                > > help with the nomination process.)
                >
                > I was not a believer when I voted for Reagan. I would not have, had I
                > the same scruples I do now.
                >
                > Larry

              • Larry Bump
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 19, 2007
                  Deejay wrote:
                  > Many folks including Christians, voted for George Dubya, cos he
                  > supposedly "wears his faith on this sleeve," yet as a somewhat ignorant
                  > Brit bystander, I find that an oxymoron in many respects. I'm not
                  > questioning his estate, just that his so-called "Christian stance" when
                  > he openly practices pluralism amongst other things; it would probably be
                  > better if he didn't "wear his faith on his sleeve" that way he couldn't
                  > bring it into disrepute!

                  That is also very much my thought on the subject.
                • Ic Neltococayotl
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 19, 2007
                    That is the way of politicians; Their own power, position, and
                    political party FIRST...Christ (if they claim to be a Christian) a
                    woefully distant 2nd (and that is being charitable)...

                    Edgar

                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"
                    <crazy_calvinist@...> wrote:

                    > Many folks including Christians, voted for George Dubya, cos he
                    > supposedly "wears his faith on this sleeve," yet as a somewhat
                    ignorant
                    > Brit bystander, I find that an oxymoron in many respects. I'm not
                    > questioning his estate, just that his so-called "Christian stance"
                    when
                    > he openly practices pluralism amongst other things; it would probably
                    be
                    > better if he didn't "wear his faith on his sleeve" that way he
                    couldn't
                    > bring it into disrepute!
                    >
                    > ~Deejay
                    >

                    > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump lbump@
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > forisraelssake wrote:
                    > > > Elder Bump, if you could vote for Ronald Reagan, then you could
                    > > > happily and joyfully vote for Ron Paul, who exceeds Reagan in all
                    > > > respects. I support Mr Paul. (Though as a Canadian that is of
                    little
                    > > > help with the nomination process.)
                    > >
                    > > I was not a believer when I voted for Reagan. I would not have, had
                    > > the same scruples I do now.
                    > >
                    > > Larry

                  • Deejay
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 19, 2007
                      Agreed. Edgar. I've been a political dissenter the last few years when
                      its come to voting here in England. As to vote for any of them seems
                      to be to condone them and their idolatory, and something one can't do
                      without in affect voting for evil. Something I don't see God
                      advocating any one doing in Scripture--supporting evil--under any
                      circumstances.

                      ~Deejay

                      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"