Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Question

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2007
      Glenn Ferrell wrote:
      > Any further information would be appreciated.

      Here's what my Pastor says:

      We changed our testimony in 1964 or 1965, and allowed the voting *for
      those using the "Explanatory Declaration"* in 1968 or so. Despite the
      fact that many, probably most, in our denomination ignore this, it
      appears to me we're still supposed to do that. We're only to vote for
      those who have the Christian view of civil government, and we define
      what we mean by that in our _Testimony_. It basically, as it's written,
      demands use of the "Explanatory Declaration".
      The argument is that the "Explanatory Declaration" effectively
      insulates the declarer from the immorality of the current Constitution
      of government of the USA. In effect, it is really an Anti-Burgher
      Seceder position, which we effectively took up in 1871, though very few
      people inside the RPCNA realized the change of ground. It is the
      position I now hold again.
      Hope this helps a wee bit.