Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Greg Price...

  • John Hackler
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 12, 2007
      Dear Chris,

      I didn't speak to what is or isn't going on in their personal lives, but to your assertion of people basically have multiple spiritual personalities on an very extreme level. If the charges you allege have merit they are about as evil as one can be.

      John

      forisraelssake <c_tylor@...> wrote:
      > Dear Chris,
      >
      > You seem to have created a paradox... You say one can be a decent
      and respectable Christian man in their private character, yet at the
      same time be tyrannical and extremely sinful in another setting.
      Wouldn't it stand to(even biblical) reason that their tyrannical and
      extremely sinful nature/habits would be all but impossible to contain
      in just one realm of their lives? The bible tends to lean towards to
      idea that one apple spoils the bunch, so why does God uphold these men
      in "their private character" yet allows them to be tyrannical and
      extremely sinful in another setting?

      > John

      Dear John

      Perhaps not all is as rosy in their personal and familial lives as you
      believe (I certainly know of grave concerns), and I never said they
      were irreproachable in those spheres, only that there is common (and
      one hopes, special) grace in all three of them and I mentioned good
      points about two of them in particular.

      Yet that doesn't change the fact that they need to be deposed and
      withdrawn from because of their many many sins and offenses committed
      against their flocks in their tenures as rulers over Christians.

      To apply your own argument against you, are all the other elders in
      the world besides these three men really that evil and corrupt as they
      can be? But these three men call them unfaithful church officers
      guilty of serious sins and say they should be withdrawn from. If they
      are so unfaithful we need to separate from them, shouldn't they have
      completely reprobate, debased lives? Doesn't that make sense according
      to your argument? And yet what is the evidence? Aren't many if not
      nearly all Reformed ministers godly and respectable men, many of whom
      exceed the three men of the RPNA (so-called) eldership in personal
      piety and private benevolence?

      Chris T.

    • Gus Gianello
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 12, 2007
        Message
        Sir,
        And I say this politely, you would fit well in a prelatic church.  The same Christ who called apostate Israel a church (Mat 23), excoriated the "ordained teachers"--Pharisees, scribes and priests as a generation of snakes.  I dont need a church court to tell me, that only wicked men excommunicated widows.  Moreover, yours is the attitude that I mostly meet with pious Roman Catholics who cannot be convinced despite sodomizine priests, and persecuting popes, that their church is a whore.  Much stronger language is used by Covenanter writers.  It does not matter what my experience has been, a godly presbyter does not soothe an adulterer and excommunicate a widow.  Their works testify against them.  But, not wishing to rehash the whole tedious situation over again I leave you with this...

        1 Cor 15:33...Evil companionship corrupts good morals.  And my testimony has been that when you hang around unrepentant hypocrites, you start as a friend and end up as another sheep hung out to dry.  THAT I do know from experience.

        Gus Gianello

        PS.  HOw in the name of heaven, can a viable court pass judgement when they acknowledge NONE but their own?
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 13, 2007
          Gus Gianello <dr.gus.gianello@...> wrote:
          Sir,
          And I say this politely, you would fit well in a prelatic church.  The same Christ who called apostate Israel a church (Mat 23), excoriated the "ordained teachers"--Pharisee s, scribes and priests as a generation of snakes.

          Last I checked Christ hasn’t made such a declaration towards the RPNA (GM).

           I dont need a church court to tell me, that only wicked men excommunicated widows.  Moreover, yours is the attitude that I mostly meet with pious Roman Catholics who cannot be convinced despite sodomizine priests, and persecuting popes, that their church is a whore.

          Of course the same baseless charge can be pointed right back at yourself since we don’t agree on the matter and I can claim you’re just as blind that you don’t see my way.  Btw… Nice touch interjecting pedophile priests into the mix…

          Much stronger language is used by Covenanter writers.  It does not matter what my experience has been, a godly presbyter does not soothe an adulterer and excommunicate a widow.

          I wasn’t aware that a widow was above being excommunicate or that an adulterer was beyond redemption. I believe even the briefest excursion into God’s word would debunk your personal beliefs on these matters.

           Their works testify against them.

          In your opinion…

           But, not wishing to rehash the whole tedious situation over again I leave you with this...

          1 Cor 15:33...Evil companionship corrupts good morals.  And my testimony has been that when you hang around unrepentant hypocrites, you start as a friend and end up as another sheep hung out to dry.  THAT I do know from experience.

          Gus Gianello

          The above could apply to whomever, even to those who were excommunicated, right?  … Of course as you stated, “It does not matter what my experience has been.”

          John Hackler Jr.

          Got a little couch potato?