Re: Nadere Reformatie

  • Ic Neltococayotl
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007

      Simon,

      This site may be what you are looking for:

      http://www.db.gracealone.com/

      Just about every conservative NA/European English-speaking churches are listed.

      Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "simon_padbury" <simon_padbury@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
      > Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?
      >
      > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
      > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
      > separation /and distinctives?
      >
      > Simon.
      > Psalm 119:132.

    • Jerry

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007

          Pardon? ;)

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry <ragingcalvinist@...> wrote:

          > simon_padbury wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
          > > Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?
          > >
          > > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
          > > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
          > > separation /and distinctives?
          > >
          > > Simon.
          > > Psalm 119:132.

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 11, 2007
            Yeah, I don't know what happened there!  Technical difficulty.  :)

            Deejay wrote:

            Pardon? ;)

            --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, Jerry <ragingcalvinist@ ...> wrote:

            > simon_padbury wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear all,
            > >
            > > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
            > > Reformation/ Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?
            > >
            > > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
            > > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
            > > separation /and distinctives?
            > >
            > > Simon.
            > > Psalm 119:132.

          • simon_padbury
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
              Hi Deejay and all,

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"
              <crazy_calvinist@...> wrote:

              > Pardon? [;)]

              I'm interested, that's all. I'd just like to know where the Dutch
              Reformation is at, now. Who's who, and who's what, and what they are
              equivalent to/ what do they have affinity with in English speaking
              presbyterianism???? They are our brothers and sisters in Christ, but
              I know bery little about them. Which church /denomination of theirs
              should I seek out if I were on vacation in the Netherlands. Where
              would I feel most at home?

              Thankyou to Edgar and Steve for the web links you supplied. I had a
              brief look at both, but I didn't find very much so far.

              Kind regards,

              Simon.
              Psalm 119:132.

              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry
              > <ragingcalvinist@> wrote:
              > >
              > > simon_padbury wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear all,
              > > >
              > > > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
              > > > Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English,
              preferably)?

              > > > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various
              > present-
              > > > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons
              for
              > > > separation /and distinctives?
              > > >
              > > > Simon.
              > > > Psalm 119:132.

            • Tom
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19, 2007
                Hello Simon :-)

                I think your best option is to contact Heritage Netherlands Reformed
                Church at hnrc.org. Joel Beeke has a new pastor working with him
                there named Foppe VanderZwaag, I think he would know.

                Glad to see you back,

                Tom
              • simon_padbury
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 22, 2007
                  Hi Tom,

                  Long time no, er, read!! Glad to see you're still around.

                  Thanks for this. I forgot about Joel Beeke. I've now listened to a
                  few sermons of Joel Beeke and Foppe Van der Zwaag over at
                  Sermonaudio.com - and I found them to be very profitable spiritually.

                  (I'm sorry if anyone thinks I sinned by hearing them.)

                  Kind regards,

                  Simon.

                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"