Nadere Reformatie

  • simon_padbury
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
      Dear all,

      Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
      Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?

      Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
      day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
      separation /and distinctives?

      Simon.
      Psalm 119:132.
    • Ic Neltococayotl
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007

        Simon,

        This site may be what you are looking for:

        http://www.db.gracealone.com/

        Just about every conservative NA/European English-speaking churches are listed.

        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "simon_padbury" <simon_padbury@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
        > Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?
        >
        > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
        > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
        > separation /and distinctives?
        >
        > Simon.
        > Psalm 119:132.

      • Jerry

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007

            Pardon? ;)

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry <ragingcalvinist@...> wrote:

            > simon_padbury wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear all,
            > >
            > > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
            > > Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?
            > >
            > > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
            > > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
            > > separation /and distinctives?
            > >
            > > Simon.
            > > Psalm 119:132.

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2007
              Yeah, I don't know what happened there!  Technical difficulty.  :)

              Deejay wrote:

              Pardon? ;)

              --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, Jerry <ragingcalvinist@ ...> wrote:

              > simon_padbury wrote:
              > >
              > > Dear all,
              > >
              > > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
              > > Reformation/ Further Reformation churches (in English, preferably)?
              > >
              > > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various present-
              > > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons for
              > > separation /and distinctives?
              > >
              > > Simon.
              > > Psalm 119:132.

            • simon_padbury
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
                Hi Deejay and all,

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"
                <crazy_calvinist@...> wrote:

                > Pardon? [;)]

                I'm interested, that's all. I'd just like to know where the Dutch
                Reformation is at, now. Who's who, and who's what, and what they are
                equivalent to/ what do they have affinity with in English speaking
                presbyterianism???? They are our brothers and sisters in Christ, but
                I know bery little about them. Which church /denomination of theirs
                should I seek out if I were on vacation in the Netherlands. Where
                would I feel most at home?

                Thankyou to Edgar and Steve for the web links you supplied. I had a
                brief look at both, but I didn't find very much so far.

                Kind regards,

                Simon.
                Psalm 119:132.

                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry
                > <ragingcalvinist@> wrote:
                > >
                > > simon_padbury wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear all,
                > > >
                > > > Can anyone show me where I might find a history of the Dutch
                > > > Reformation/Further Reformation churches (in English,
                preferably)?

                > > > Also, can anyone show me a list (or whatever) of the various
                > present-
                > > > day Dutch Reformed denominations are called, with their resaons
                for
                > > > separation /and distinctives?
                > > >
                > > > Simon.
                > > > Psalm 119:132.

              • Tom
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19, 2007
                  Hello Simon :-)

                  I think your best option is to contact Heritage Netherlands Reformed
                  Church at hnrc.org. Joel Beeke has a new pastor working with him
                  there named Foppe VanderZwaag, I think he would know.

                  Glad to see you back,

                  Tom
                • simon_padbury
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 22, 2007
                    Hi Tom,

                    Long time no, er, read!! Glad to see you're still around.

                    Thanks for this. I forgot about Joel Beeke. I've now listened to a
                    few sermons of Joel Beeke and Foppe Van der Zwaag over at
                    Sermonaudio.com - and I found them to be very profitable spiritually.

                    (I'm sorry if anyone thinks I sinned by hearing them.)

                    Kind regards,

                    Simon.

                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"