Re: [Covenanted Reformation] 9th Commandment, was Consequences - Final Reply

  • Crazy Calvinist
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2007
      I'm not sure what relevance my comment had, just know its true.  It can be hard sometimes to take a brothers words of repentance at face value in the online world--though that's no asperting on you personally--have just seen it too many times-- only for the same thing by the same individual do the same thing all over again.  So, its not for me to judge your words in that light.

      However, since I don't really know what releavance a well known fact already would  have in your decision to leave, would have with the price of fish today,  can't help but wonder  if Larry's calling your bluff has more to do with your resigning from this list. I'm not saying that as fact.  Just that the online world can make much more room for sin and deception than in the actual world at times and give room for doubts.

      But as I said yeserday, i for one bear you no personal ill will. I'm sure in the heat of passion, we have all said things that would have been better left unsaid, so you are not alone in that. And I certainly agree with one of your last paragraph about unity and uniformity.

      ~Deejay

      Walt Bre <humbled.learner@...> wrote:
      Dear brethren,

      Wow, this morning has been an important step for me in
      my Christian walk. I read the attached three
      documents on Voluntary Associations and then saw this
      comment:

      "Though there will always be those who disliked the
      RPNA anyway, who will not want to give them much
      lee-way. As we all know the RPNA is not well thought
      of by lots of folks anyway.
      ~Deejay"

      Then, I read Chris' comments knowing about the serious
      disagreements between our Elders and himself (as well
      as others) going back to the 1995 period he references
      below. This does not take away from his excellent
      posts below and references to the 9th Commandment.

      I do not look at my testimony over these past few
      months as nothing but an unfaithful method or attempt
      to make a difference for the cause of Christ. I can
      make all sorts of excuses like the whole situation has
      caught me and others in our church by surprise, and
      like most I have not been able to really dig into all
      the record until the past few months. Thus, my words,
      reactions and comments on this site have not come from
      a wonderful, holy and loving testimony, but a
      testimony of disappointment, frustration and anger.
      Therefore, in reading the attached documents this
      morning, I realized that I have not been of any help
      to anyone on this site, and likely set back the
      covenated cause of reformation with my unfortunate
      testimony.

      Therefore, I wish to say I am sorry to all of you for
      my words and actions, my comments and my disappointing
      testimony that may have hurt some of you. After
      reading the testimony this morning, and the comment
      above by Deejay and the commentary by Chris below, I
      knew that I need to repent. For those who accept my
      repentence for my unfaithful comments, I am grateful
      for your kindness in my time of weakness!

      There is no doubt that my comments on this forum will
      one day be used against me personally, and against the
      Covenanters in general, perhaps to the point of
      torture and murder, if the witness testimony of a
      vocal church is to be silenced, and if it is, I am
      sorry for this since my many comments can be twisted
      and turned to hurt the cause of Christ. I say to you
      today it was not my intention, nor my desire, but
      rather was my immaturity and weakness as a humbled
      learner who needs to keep humbling himself over and
      over daily. Lord knows our nation and churches could
      also humble themselves and pray, but that is for
      another day.

      I will know be removing myself from this forum, and
      get back to work on my own sanctification and fleshy
      mortification. Chris has outlined a very good place
      for me to start with his listing below, and that is
      what I'm planning to do. I am a work in progress.

      If our church is not well thought of and mostly
      disliked, then I need to take this into consideration
      as I look forward to a covenanted reformation. I
      never expected to be warmly or openly welcome by the
      Christian church at large, but when we are so poorly
      thought of by other Presbyterian and Covenanter groups
      going back to 1995, then obviously I need to spend
      more time in prayer and fasting. Debating is only
      hurting my sanctification and Christian maturity, and
      I don't want this to hurt others too.

      I dearly love all your Christians and hope that one
      day we will find ourselves in more unity, uniformity
      and spiritual growth. May the Lord bring about
      reformation across the land and throughout the world,
      and may He start with each of us personally.

      For the glorious cause of reformation for Christ,
      Walt.

      PS - I will be withdrawing my membership after this
      post so those who like to contact me please send your
      email to humbled.learner@ yahoo.com

      === message truncated ===

      http://smallbusines s.yahoo.com/ webhosting