Re: [Covenanted Reformation] RPNA GM apology

  • Walt Bre
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 28, 2007
      There is nothing worse for a man to speak against the
      testimony of a woman publically. You are obviously
      loved by many on this forum and so I will take your
      charges against me and leave it alone. I never said I
      was being persecuted, or suffering as the Covenanters
      once did, and I did not know you have been tortured.
      If your are (or have been) tortured for the Cause of
      Christ daily, then I will pray for you. My own life
      has nothing compared to your suffering physical harm,
      and I never intended for you to think I have been. I
      do hope that whoever has been torturing you will be
      stopped, or arrested or silenced soon. I read often
      about the persecution in foreign countries often, and
      have visited some of the suffering when I travel, so
      let's leave it as a misunderstanding if you think I
      was referring to myself, or trying to compare myself
      to your suffering. I was not.

      --- Deejay <crazy_calvinist@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > persecution for anyone that did not take the oath,
      > and
      > > there was no tyrannical measures imposed. That is
      > all
      > > smoke and mirrors to get emotions fired up and
      > help
      > > those like you believe you are only protecting the
      > > weak and downtrodden. I understand you have a
      > strong
      > > desire to help those weak and innocent who have
      > been
      > > trampled on, and Presbyterian discipline is the
      > > farthest thing from most Presbyterians mind, but
      > > anyone who leads you to believe they were being
      > > persecuted by tyrants, or that they were just the
      > > innocent asking questions, is not giving you all
      > the
      > > facts at hand.
      > >
      > > You have very strong personalities in the
      > Covenanter
      > > and Presbyterian movements. You might think we are
      > > just another "sect" out there trampling on
      > people's
      > > rights, but I would not take you serious any
      > longer
      > > after what you disclosed to me below.
      > >
      > > Again, it is so typical of Christians in our
      > > generation who are just along for the ride
      > counting
      > > the days to heavenly bliss, when our forefathers
      > > throughout history have been hunted, slaughtered
      > and
      > > murdered one right after another for standing for
      > the
      > > cause of Christ. It is the one's who sit back in
      > > judgment, claiming they have been trampled on and
      > > their rights have been taken away, that
      > historically
      > > call in the hit squad to silence the testimony in
      > the
      > > name of toleration.
      > >
      > > Silencing of the testimony (e.g., the witnesses of
      > > Christ) is coming and I for one am just seeing a
      > small
      > > sample of what is coming. It is happening in
      > China,
      > > Iraq, Syria, Russia, across Europe and in many
      > parts
      > > of the world. There is no doubt the Feds have a
      > > growing list of those who will speak out against
      > evil,
      > > and my travel around the world has shown me many
      > > things about this world system. It is just wicked,
      > > and waxing worse and worse. There is no doubt
      > those
      > > who publically testify against it, and those who
      > > falsly charge us as some "cult" or "sect" are just
      > > planting the seeds to have us hunted down and
      > silence
      > > in due time. Right, it is all in the name of
      > > toleration as we have heard before!
      > >
      > > Well, I'm getting a taste of it now, and your
      > comments
      > > below give me great comfort that those who speak
      > up
      > > the most and the loudest likely will not even read
      > > what has been written except, for example, "But, I

      === message truncated ===

      Got a little couch potato?
    • Larry Bump
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 9, 2007
        Marie Clements wrote:
        > Hello Larry,
        >
        > I guess that I am still upset with some of members of this group, not
        > you personally.

        OK, no worries.
        Thank you for the post.

        Larry