Calvin Memorial Addresses Arrives Next Week

  • Michael Gaydosh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2007

      Calvin Memorial Addresses Arrives Next Week

      CALVIN MEMORIAL ADDRESSES
      Celebrating the 400th Anniversary of Calvin's Birth

      B.B. Warfield, Thomas Cary Johnson, James Orr, R.A. Webb and others

      "As we approach the occasion of the 500th anniversary of John Calvin's birth, and eagerly anticipate the production of the many excellent historical and theological works that will mark the first half-millennium of Reformed Christianity, this set of essays from the beginning of the 20th century may serve both to edify us and to whet our appetites for more. One will find giants among the contributors (from Reed to Johnson to Orr to Warfield to D'Aubigne), and topics of abiding interest." - Dr. Ligon Duncan

      "Any title on such themes, with not a few eminent authors contributing, has to be a book we shall all value seeing." - Iain H. Murray

      SGCB Pre-Pub Price: $13.95 (list price $25.00)

      View at http://www.solid-ground-books.com/detail_474.asp

      And also coming the first of August...

      FAMOUS WOMEN OF THE REFORMED CHURCH
      James I. Good

      "The chapters of this book first appeared in the Reformed Church Magazine (1893-1895). They then received favorable comment. Since that Magazine ceased publication, there have been so many inquiries for them that it is evident they met a felt want in the Church, and the Sunday-school Board of the Reformed Church in the United States has undertaken their publication in this volume. The author has added several chapters to those that appeared in the Magazine. It is hoped that the lives of these Reformed saints will stimulate the ladies of our Church to greater interest in our splended Church history, and to greater activity as in missions and the practical work of the Church, in which they already excel." - from the Author's Preface

      Some of the ladies considered are the following:

      ANNA REINHARD, Zwingli's Wife

      IDELETTE D'BURES, Calvin's Wife

      ANNA BULLINGER, Henry's wife

      QUEEN MARGARET of Navarre