Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: RPNA GM apology

  • Walt Bre
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25 4:17 PM
      Deejay,

      You don't have to burst my bubble as I had never
      intented to influence your views on this subject. My
      comments were intended and hopeful toward those who
      could bring a neutral view to the excellent arguments
      posted by the author.

      There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we all
      bring our presuppositions to everything we read and
      hear, and clearly you will too. This is a fundamental
      principle in studying any subject.

      Nevertheless, in my opinion, it does not detract from
      the amazingly well written arguments made by Nick. I
      have read another several sections this morning and
      can only say it is some of the best argumentation I
      have ever read on any subject, and I read a ton of
      legal and argumentative documents weekly. The hardest
      kind are clearly those I translate with mechanical
      translation tools, and can only get part of the
      intended meaning out of the authors natural language.
      Even my translators who I have going over documents
      about every day to make them easier for me to
      understand do not take away from the complexity of
      what someone says by what they write. Nevertheless,
      we all have to give the author some benefit of the
      doubt when listening to their position in writing,
      over the phone or face-to-face.

      So, you can still believe the only reason I think his
      arguments are excellent is because I'm just taking his
      side with my presupposition and epistemology, but I
      will leave it up to those who are coming in the next
      round (hopefully it will be you as you are certainly a
      leader against our position) to show me that I'm all
      washed up. I stand ready, willing and able to change
      my mind on this next set of arguments that I hope will
      come from your pen...no matter what ever language you
      wish to write in...as I will do my best to get it into
      something I can read and understand.

      Thanks for bringing up the point and bursting my
      bubble. It does me good.

      Walt.

      --- Deejay <group.only@...> wrote:

      > I hate to pipe up and burst your bubble--well no I
      > don't actually, but
      > whether we know anyone personally or not, we will
      > always favour and
      > esteem someone writing or otherwise communicating
      > something, who is
      > echoing our own opinion, even if our opinion is
      > wrong. It just confirms
      > us in our error if we are wrong.
      >
      > ~Deejay

      > Walt Bre
      > <humbled.learner@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Darren,
      > >
      > > It is written by Nick as a defense to his position
      > in
      > > the controversy with primarily Bob. I printed it
      > > yesterday morning and read half of the 84 pages
      > before
      > > work. I hope to finish the balance today if my
      > > schedule permits. It is an absolutely excellent
      > > document in my opinion, and I have NEVER EVER met
      > Nick
      > > and only know him by his involvement in the
      > > controversy. I did write to him once, but he never
      > > responded to me at that time. Thus, I have no
      > > personal feeling toward him one way or the other,
      > but
      > > after reading the first half it is obvious the
      > young
      > > man is extremely gifted and blessed in my opinion.

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
    • Deejay
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25 9:13 PM

        Methinks youve been talking to Mrs Mac!   B-)   And She's a hoot too.

        I am a "leader" against folks hurting other folks needlessly, and without good or righteous cause. So, yep, guess you could say that.

        The length of your post, to say so little, Mrs Mac would call bloviation!

        ~Deejay

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Walt Bre <humbled.learner@...> wrote:

         (hopefully it will be you as you are certainly a
        > leader against our position) >
        > Walt.
        >

        > --- Deejay group.only@... wrote:
        >

        > > I hate to pipe up and burst your bubble--well no I
        > > don't actually, but
        > > whether we know anyone personally or not, we will
        > > always favour and
        > > esteem someone writing or otherwise communicating
        > > something, who is
        > > echoing our own opinion, even if our opinion is
        > > wrong. It just confirms
        > > us in our error if we are wrong.
        > >
        > > ~Deejay
        > >

        > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com,
        > > Walt Bre
        > > humbled.learner@ wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Darren,
        > > >
        > > > It is written by Nick as a defense to his position
        > > in
        > > > the controversy with primarily Bob. I printed it
        > > > yesterday morning and read half of the 84 pages
        > > before
        > > > work. I hope to finish the balance today if my
        > > > schedule permits. It is an absolutely excellent
        > > > document in my opinion, and I have NEVER EVER met
        > > Nick
        > > > and only know him by his involvement in the
        > > > controversy. I did write to him once, but he never
        > > > responded to me at that time. Thus, I have no
        > > > personal feeling toward him one way or the other,
        > > but
        > > > after reading the first half it is obvious the
        > > young
        > > > man is extremely gifted and blessed in my opinion.

        > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

      • Deejay
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 27 8:35 PM
          I don't know either if you was being deliberately provocative, since it
          seems plain you have been talking to Mrs McClintock and its already
          likely you know I don't have the ability for you to say you expect me
          to write a paper such as you anticipate. But either way its of little
          regard to me. This whole debacle gets my goat so much, becasue people
          like some of those in your corner, have made my life into a living hell
          in many ways and its ongoing here in England. (I'll spare you the
          details) I don't think they acted malicously either, just as I don't
          think at least some of those in your corner haven't and aren't doing. I
          still have regard for some of those in your corner, even though I
          disagree with them. But it will always get my goat; and I don't need to
          read all the lengthy documents to be able to know its just plain wrong
          and sinful, the oath alone speaks for itself. And someone should
          always speak up for the under dogs. In this case the "wayward
          covenanters" so I'll not shut up, unless something comes to light
          that calls for it. But I'm not really a "leader" it just seems like
          that, cos I pipe up on the above pretext. And its the right thing to do
          too.

          ________________________________________________________________________\
          ____________
          > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

        • Ic Neltococayotl
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 28 6:34 AM
            Deejay,

            Hello my sister! I pray that things are good for you in England. I
            love what you wrote, especially the end:

            >But I'm not really a "leader" it just seems like
            > that, cos I pipe up on the above pretext. And its the right thing to
            do
            > too.
            >
            > ~Deejay

            As history teaches us, tyranny quivers when the mass it seeks to subdue
            with its despotism begins to speak up and challenge the status quo and
            when that challenge comes from remote quarters too, the loyalist
            followers of the tyranny are angered and use various adjectives to
            discredit the challengers. It is always a good thing to pipe up to
            challenge usurpers of Christ's divine right of govt, worship, and
            doctrine. If only more Christians would challenge all such usurpations!

            Enough has been written already to disprove the govt of the "RPNA-GM"
            and Nicks paper is already refuted. But they refuse to acknowledge that
            they have been defeated. I too, like you, don't have the desire (why
            waste my time when vastly more important things need to be done?!) to
            answer Nick's attempts to redefine Presbyterianism with his dazzling
            sleight of mind use of logic in his mage's attempt to transform lead
            into gold.

            Deejay, do not let the dozen or so left in that "international
            congregation" put you through hell. Ignore them and move on. Delete
            their e-mails if need be. The bee that has no sting can only buzz, so
            disregard their attempts to distress you.

            Yours in Christ,
            Edgar

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"

            \
            > ____________
            > > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
            > > Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search

          • Deejay
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 28 8:59 AM
              Hi Edgar,

              thanks for your kind words. Just to clarify, I never meant to imply
              these GM folks were putting me through hell. Its just folks who seem of
              a simialr disposition on my own doorstep who have my own affliction ten
              times the cross it ought to have been. But I never meant to imply any
              person anguish or animosity with the GM folks. Just I related to the
              kind of error that is going on it, and how people get hurt. Like folks
              hurt me locally (in England) (from my former "church") actually if you
              can call it a "church."

              ~Deejay
              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
              <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

> [...]

              > > > side with my presupposition and epistemology, but I
              > > > will leave it up to those who are coming in the next
              > > > round (hopefully it will be you as you are certainly a
              > > > leader against our position) to show me that I'm all
              > > > washed up. I stand ready, willing and able to change
              > > > my mind on this next set of arguments that I hope will
              > > > come from your pen...no matter what ever language you
              > > > wish to write in...as I will do my best to get it into
              > > > something I can read and understand.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for bringing up the point and bursting my
              > > > bubble. It does me good.
              > > >
              > > > Walt.

              ________________________________________________________________________\
              \
              > \
              > > ____________
              > > > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              > > > Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search

            • Salaam Alaykoum
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 29 12:09 PM
                Bless you Deejay!

                > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?