Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Two or More Are Gathered

  • alcunius
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 13, 2007

       It does not seem that clear to me by what Winzer wrote.

      This same Matthew Winzer that your speaking  of  seems to have some confusion on Deduction and Induction at the same Board different thread.

         http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?t=20844&highlight=deductive+inductive

      And at the same web board he seems to be defending the Perpetual Virginity of Mary

       http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?t=15924&highlight=perpetual+virginity+mary

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell" <naphtali@...> wrote:

      > This has been a problem for some time. For instance, Matthew Winzer
      > clearly demonstrates a problem in Barrow's CRD in comprehending
      > Rutherford (and others) correctly, specifically on the "being" vs.
      > "well-being" of the church.
      > http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?t=14397
      > Sincerely,
      > Chris Coldwell
      > Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      > The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
      > Member Lakewood Presbyterian Church (PCA)
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump
      > lbump@ wrote:
      >

      > > > Makes one wonder how they read these books...
      > >
      > > Indeed. And if this is an honest example of the reading comprehension
      > > and exegesis they apply to books in order to come up with a
      > self-serving
      > > argument, one must wonder if that "style" may have been applied
      > > elsewhere, as well.
      > >
      > > Larry

    • Tim Cunningham
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 13, 2007
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, alcunius
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > It does not seem that clear to me by what Winzer wrote.
        >
        > This same Matthew Winzer that your speaking of seems to have some
        > confusion on Deduction and Induction at the same Board different
        thread.

        > http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+i\
        > nductive
        > <http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+\
        > inductive>
        >
        > And at the same web board he seems to be defending the Perpetual
        > Virginity of Mary

        Tim-Granted Mr. Winzer errs in his understanding of logic and perhaps
        in his understanding of whether or not Mary remained virgin after the
        birth of Jesus, but these errors are irrelevant if one is questioning
        his readings of the Divines he cites.

        Why do you think Winzer does not make his case?

        Tim