Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Two or More Are Gathered

  • Chris Coldwell
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 11, 2007
      This has been a problem for some time. For instance, Matthew Winzer
      clearly demonstrates a problem in Barrow's CRD in comprehending
      Rutherford (and others) correctly, specifically on the "being" vs.
      "well-being" of the church.
      http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?t=14397
      Sincerely,
      Chris Coldwell
      Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
      Member Lakewood Presbyterian Church (PCA)

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump
      <lbump@...> wrote:

      > > Makes one wonder how they read these books...
      >
      > Indeed. And if this is an honest example of the reading comprehension
      > and exegesis they apply to books in order to come up with a
      self-serving
      > argument, one must wonder if that "style" may have been applied
      > elsewhere, as well.
      >
      > Larry

    • Tim Cunningham
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 13, 2007
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, alcunius
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > It does not seem that clear to me by what Winzer wrote.
        >
        > This same Matthew Winzer that your speaking of seems to have some
        > confusion on Deduction and Induction at the same Board different
        thread.

        > http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+i\
        > nductive
        > <http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+\
        > inductive>
        >
        > And at the same web board he seems to be defending the Perpetual
        > Virginity of Mary

        Tim-Granted Mr. Winzer errs in his understanding of logic and perhaps
        in his understanding of whether or not Mary remained virgin after the
        birth of Jesus, but these errors are irrelevant if one is questioning
        his readings of the Divines he cites.

        Why do you think Winzer does not make his case?

        Tim