Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Two or More Are Gathered

  • Willena Flewelling
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 30, 2007
      Gus wrote:

      >>> And I will go one step further. I have talked to some of the
      excommunicated privately. They have been savagely hurt. If these men
      do not repent of what they have done, they are doomed for hell. NO
      MINISTER OF CHRIST ever acts in such an arrogant and high-handed
      fashion. If they do so, they repent, they do not justify their
      behavior. They are then masquerading as ministers of righteousness, and
      are merely following the angel of Light. I am praying for their
      repentance. <<<

      Gus, might I suggest the end of the story is not known yet?

      When it became known that I was attending a non-covenanter church with
      my husband and children, the comment was made, "Well, so much for her
      so-called convictions!" I will admit, that hurt deeply, because I have
      been a Christian for more than forty years, and have walked faithfully
      with Him all throughout that time, sometimes against great odds. To
      suggest that all that was for nothing because I have responded to
      ecclesiastical execution at the hands of this handful of men, but
      turning to non-covenanter brethren for fellowship and accountability, is
      a gross misjudgment.

      The same can be said for the three elders in question. They have usurped
      Christ's authority and engaged in extrabiblical practices which have
      done a tremendous amount of damage... they are stricken with judicial
      blindness and are misguided by their own carnal judgment. But over the
      years they have taught much truth and led many of us into a deeper, more
      committed relationship with the Lord. They are wrong in what they are
      doing. But they sincerely believe they are honouring the Lord in
      "weeding out the unfaithful."

      On the strength of what has transpired thus far, I would never say they
      are not our brethren in Christ.

      Willena
    • Tim Cunningham
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 13, 2007
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, alcunius
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > It does not seem that clear to me by what Winzer wrote.
        >
        > This same Matthew Winzer that your speaking of seems to have some
        > confusion on Deduction and Induction at the same Board different
        thread.

        > http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+i\
        > nductive
        > <http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+\
        > inductive>
        >
        > And at the same web board he seems to be defending the Perpetual
        > Virginity of Mary

        Tim-Granted Mr. Winzer errs in his understanding of logic and perhaps
        in his understanding of whether or not Mary remained virgin after the
        birth of Jesus, but these errors are irrelevant if one is questioning
        his readings of the Divines he cites.

        Why do you think Winzer does not make his case?

        Tim

        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell"
        > <naphtali@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This has been a problem for some time. For instance, Matthew
        Winzer