Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Two or More Are Gathered

  • Ic Neltococayotl
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 28, 2007
      Dear Larry,

      How are you brother?

      Interesting response that the minutes are there for the review of the
      members. While I was a member of the "RPNA(GM)" I never saw the minutes
      of the so-called Session of the "RPNA(GM)". Even when I asked. I
      eventually obtained the record of minutes by a layman near to what would
      be the end of my membership with them.

      With the "RPNA"'s re-invention of the term congregation, where everyone
      who is a part of their church (i.e. upholds the 6 terms/standards) makes
      up one big congregation, irrespective of locality and boundaries, is not
      really new. In the Grand Debate (the same book that the Elders tout as
      overthrowing the arguments of the Effort) the Independants argue against
      the Presbyterians and say that the Presbyterians' view of the church
      would make the church one big huge international congregation and they
      say that is unbiblical. The Presbyterians respond by stating that they
      in no way claim this and even vehemently deny that a church can ever be
      defined as a huge international congregation irrespective of boundaries
      and such. The same argument that the "RPNA" elders use the Independants
      were trying to say that the Presbyterians were upholding and this vey
      concept was repudiated by the Presbyterians in response to this view of
      a congregation.

      ERGO,

      BOTH the Independants and the Presbyterians repudiate and oppose the
      idea of a congregation being some huge international, cross-boundary-
      non-local entity. Yet, the "RPNA" elders must have missed that crucial
      part of the Grand Debate since they espouse what both Christian divines
      denied could be Biblical and therefore feasible. But that is not the
      only place the Grand Debate contradicts and even overthrows the "RPNA"
      elders' view of church polity! So much for their silver bullet.

      Makes one wonder how they read these books...

      Talk to your later Larry,

      Edgar Ibarra

      visiting Berkshire RPCNA mission work

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...>
      wrote:

      > Walt Bre wrote:
      >
      > > Larry, may I ask you if you have published anything on
      > > any rulings with your local church that I could read?
      > > I've got to believe your Session has dealt with
      > > various issues and that your opinions have been
      > > published, and are open for inspection by your
      > > Presbytery and congregation. Would you be able to
      > > provide me with any of these decisions so that I could
      > > read them for myself?
      >

      > No. The session book is available for review by any member of our
      > congregation, or by officers if the Presbytery or Synod.
      >
      > Any papers produced would be in the session book, as well as
      > Presbytery/Synod minutes as appropriate.

    • Tim Cunningham
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 13, 2007
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, alcunius
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > It does not seem that clear to me by what Winzer wrote.
        >
        > This same Matthew Winzer that your speaking of seems to have some
        > confusion on Deduction and Induction at the same Board different
        thread.

        > http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+i\
        > nductive
        > <http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php?
        t=20844&highlight=deductive+\
        > inductive>
        >
        > And at the same web board he seems to be defending the Perpetual
        > Virginity of Mary

        Tim-Granted Mr. Winzer errs in his understanding of logic and perhaps
        in his understanding of whether or not Mary remained virgin after the
        birth of Jesus, but these errors are irrelevant if one is questioning
        his readings of the Divines he cites.

        Why do you think Winzer does not make his case?

        Tim

        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell"
        > <naphtali@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This has been a problem for some time. For instance, Matthew
        Winzer