2007 Confessional Presbyterian journal

  • Chris Coldwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2007

      I’m pleased to announce that the third volume of The Confessional Presbyterian will be going to press soon once some final bits are completed, and I hope to be sending out issues in August, D.V. The 2007 outing of the journal will be over 300 pages in length, growing yet again in size over the previous year, which was 256 pages, which was also larger than the 2005 inaugural issue of 184 pages. In addition to the regular features, the 2007 articles and reviews are noted below. You may subscribe or renew for $18. We have two specials to pick up the 2006&2007 issues for $28.50 and the 2005-2007 issues for just $43.00 (postage paid). The latter is a particularly good deal given the amount of material in all three volumes (volume 2 alone is over 250,000 words). You may check the contents of the two back issues (under the online articles section) and subscribe for 2007 and/or buy back issues via the online store at the redesigned website, http://www.cpjournal.com/products-page/

      Chris Coldwell

      Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com

      The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com

      Member, Lakewood Presbyterian Church (PCA), Dallas , Texas

      2007 contents.

      • 3. John Calvin, the Nascent Sabbatarian: A Reconsideration of Calvin's View of Two Key Sabbath-Issues. By Stewart E. Lauer
      • 15. The Westminster Standards and Confessional Lutheranism on Justification. By J. V. Fesko, Ph.D.
      • 27. The True History of Paedo-Communion. By Matthew Winzer
      • 37. A Critical Text of the Westminster Larger Catechism: Q. 1–50. By Chris Coldwell
      • 86. Edwards' Freedom of the Will: A Review and Analysis. By W. Gary Crampton, Ph.D.
      • 104. In Defense of the Descendit: A Confessional Response to Contemporary Critics of Christ's Descent into Hell. By Daniel R. Hyde
      • 118. John Brown of Wamphray, Richard Baxter and the Justification Controversy. By Bruce R. Backensto
      • 147. The Denial of the Imputation of the Active Obedience of Christ: Piscator on Justification. By J. Wesley White
      • 155. The Regulative Principle of Worship: Sixty Years in Reformed Literature. Part Two (2000–2007). By Frank J. Smith, Ph.D., D.D. with Chris Coldwell
      • 216. Presbyterians in the South and the Slave: A Study in Benevolence. By C. N. Willborn, Ph.D.
      • 223. Seminary Education. By Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr.
      • 231. The Rev. Dr. Alexander M'Leod, An Annotated Bibliography With Extracts from his Diaries. By Wayne Sparkman, M.A.R., M.Div.

      Reviews & Responses:

      • A Response to the Coppes-Gallant Exchange Regarding Paedocommunion, The Confessional Presbyterian 2 (Dr. Cornelis P. Venema) 235
      • Response (Tim Gallant) 242
      • Reply (Dr. Cornelis P. Venema). 247
      • Peter Enns, Inspiration and Incarnation (Stuart R. Jones) 251
      • D. G. Hart, John Williamson Nevin: High-Church Calvinist (Alan Strange) 256
      • Robert L. Reymond, The God-Centered Preacher: Developing a Pulpit Ministry Approved by God (W. Gary Crampton, Ph.D.) 261
      • Justification Report of the Committee to Study the Doctrine of Justification (Rowland S. Ward, Th.D.) 265