Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Terms of Communion

  • Whit R
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 15, 2007
      My interpretatio of the 4th Term of Communion is that we are to bound
      to obey God through the Scriptural principles of Covenant and that it
      is binding upon the Three Kingdoms and their current and former
      colonies. Since it is a Scirptural Covenant, then no one except God
      can annul or release obligation to the Covenant (Gal. 3:14-18). In
      short, Argument #1 moreso although Argument #2 also applies since
      covenanting is a solemn duty.

      Whit
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Salaam Alaykoum
      <allah_who_maana@...> wrote:

      > I have a question for those who consider themselves Covenanters on
      this group BUT are NOT present members of the "RPNA(GM)": How do you
      interpret the 4th term of communion with regard to the Solemn League
      and Covenant? I've heard 2 opposing arguments and I'd be interested
      in hearing what you all think. Argument #1 - The wording means that
      we are bound by the SL&C. Argument #2 - The wording is simply
      stating that the SL&C and its following renovations are examples of
      our duty to publicly and socially covenant. This is not indicative
      of my position, just a question I have given past discussions I have
      heard. Thank you.
      > ~Samantha

      Second
      > Reformation.
      >

      > 4. That public, social covenanting, is an ordinance of God,
      obligatory
      > on churches and nations under the New Testament; that the National
      > Covenant and the Solemn League are an exemplification of this divine
      > institution; and that these Deeds are of continued obligation upon
      the
      > moral person; and in consistency with this—that the Renovation of
      these
      > Covenants at Auchensaugh, 1712, was agreeable to the word of God.
      >

      > 5. An approbation of the faithful contendings of the martyrs of
      Jesus,
      > especially in Scotland, against Paganism, Popery, Prelacy,
      Malignancy
      > and Sectarianism; immoral civil governments; Erastian tolerations
      and
      > persecutions which flow from them; and of the Judicial Testimony
      > emitted by the Reformed Presbytery in North Britain, 1761, and
      adopted
      > by this church, with supplements; as containing a noble example to
      be
      > followed, in contending for all divine truth, and in testifying
      against
      > all corruptions embodied in the constitutions of either churches or
      > states.
      >

      > 6. Practically adorning the doctrine of God our Savior, by walking
      in
      > all his commandments and ordinances blamelessly.
      >

      > gmw.
      >

      > Glenn Ferrell wrote:
      >

      > I know they may be found online. However, for discussion sake,
      > could one of you post the six terms of communion used by
      Covenanters?

      > Glenn
      >

      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________
      > J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, Sovereign Redeemer Presbyte rian
      Church, Boise, Idaho
      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________
      >

      > "To suppose that whatever God requireth of us
      > that we have the power of ourselves to do,
      > is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none
      effect."
      > -John Owen (1616- 1683) ____________ _________ _________ _________
      _________ ________

      > <!--

      sans-serif;}
      clean, sans-serif;}
      > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      > #ygrp-text{
      > font-family:Georgia;
      > }
      > #ygrp-text p{
      > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
      > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
      > font-family:Arial;
      > clear:both;}
      > #ygrp-vitnav{
      > #ygrp-vitnav a{
      > padding:0 1px;}
      > #ygrp-actbar{
      align:right;}
      > #ygrp-actbar .left{
      > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
      > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
      > #ygrp-grft{
      > #ygrp-ft{
      > padding:5px 0;
      > }
      > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
      > padding-bottom:10px;}
      >
      > #ygrp-vital{
      > #ygrp-vital #vithd{
      transform:uppercase;}
      > #ygrp-vital ul{
      > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
      > #ygrp-vital ul li{
      > }
      > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
      align:right;padding-right:.5em;}
      > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      > font-weight:bold;}
      > #ygrp-vital a {
      > text-decoration:none;}
      >
      > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      > text-decoration:underline;}
      >
      > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      > padding:8px 0;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
      size:100%;line-height:122%;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
      > text-decoration:none;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
      > text-decoration:underline;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
      > margin:0;}
      > o {font-size:0;}
      > .MsoNormal {
      > margin:0 0 0 0;}
      > #ygrp-text tt{
      > font-size:120%;}
      > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
      > .replbq {margin:4;}
      > -->
      >

      > Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving
      junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at
      http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca