RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: major versus minor & (ATTENTION COVENANTERS)

  • Heart Aflame
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 5, 2007

      Hi Willena,

      I agree with what you say in lots of ways, about judging being written into our code in some way.  But, I also think too often, folks fail to remember that when folks hit difficulties or hardships, that there but for the grace of God could be any of them too.  I think lots of folks would do a lot better, if they remembered that, and tried to ponderize or wonder what THEY would do if in similar straits, instead of being judgemental and making a bad situation worse for the person in hardship.  I’m speaking personally here too, so, understand where you are coming from.

      ~Deejayß-who will still judge bowing down to the popish mass and other similar issues!

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 5, 2007
        Susan, I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but I'll try to answer.

        I mean only what I wrote in my original email, which is still at the bottom of this one. Perhaps I should have used the same terminology you did, and said "for some of us it is a very difficult situation." For me it FEELS like an impossible situation in that I can't please everyone... someone on one side or the other or both, is going to think I am being unfaithful no matter what I do. I have even met with criticism for worshipping with my fellow excommunicated brethren who live an hour away, "because they are unfaithful." Like I was not considered to be in the same category as they? Like I was supposed to stay at home and worship alone? And exclude my husband, since he would inevitably expect to be included, and also take the lead? For some of us it's a no win situation.

        All of the above is from the human standpoint only. I know it is not impossible in God's eyes... He has a solution for each of us... a biblical solution... and we need to ask for His wisdom to see it, and the courage to do it, no matter what anyone in any camp has to say about it.

        Willena

        Susan Wilkinson wrote:

        Dear Willena,

        Can you help me understand what you mean by, “…for some of us it has become an impossible situation”? I tend to want to gently disagree with that statement, but I’m not sure exactly what you mean so I won’t yet.

        Susan