Church Search- Manchester and Ilkley (near Leeds), UK

  • Glenn Ferrell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007
      I'm trying to locate a solid Reformed congregation for a young ethnic Chinese woman at present staying in Ilkley (near Leeds) and likely soon to commence two years of study at the University of Manchester.  She was disappointed in her experience at a liberal United Reformed Church (UK denomination, not the URCNA) and would like to experience Reformed preaching and worship before she returns to Singapore in a couple weeks.  Then she'd like to have a Reformed congregation to be part of while she is in Manchester for a longer period of time.  This young woman is a member of a Presbyterian church in Singapore.  Solid preaching and teaching is probably most important to her, and she'd probably find a Reformed Baptist or Evangelical congregation acceptable.

      Sorry for any duplication.  I'm sending this to anyone I know with UK connections or to Reformed Internet groups that have UK participants on them.   Your help is appreciated.

      If you'll send suggestions directly to me jglennferrell@..., I'll compile a list and share it with any who are interested.  I hope there are enough for a short list.  I told this young woman her options might be slim in England.

      Glenn

      J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, Sovereign Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Boise, Idaho

      “To suppose that whatever God requireth of us
      that we have the power of ourselves to do,
      is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect.”

      -John Owen (1616-1683)