Re: I need a good book on...

  • humbled.learner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2007

      A couple interesting books I recently purchased and am reading are:

      Mecklenburg Signers and Their Neighbors (Lost Tribes of North
      Carolina, Vol III).

      Reminiscences and Memoirs of North Carolina and Eminent North Carolinians

      There is not a lot of what you are seeking on the binding nature of
      the SLC upon the colonies (which they were bound in my opinion) or how
      the Declaration of Independence was the key document to break (or
      unilaterally cancel) the SLC (which it did not in my opinion), but it
      will give you some interesting history from a Presbyterian-Covenanter
      perspective of the period leading up to the Declaration of
      Independence. It will give you some of the key actors who knew the
      consequences of the binding nature of covenants upon posterity,
      especially those covenants where God Himself is invoked (or the
      author) in History.

      There are some other titles I'm trying to locate that were in the
      footnotes, but I would rather not share them as most of the books
      going into circulation around this period are bought immediately after
      release and I'm not sure if it is by libraries, collectors or others.

      Interlibrary loan is always the best source unless you like to collect
      the original books as I do.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "benhartmail"