Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Scriptural Justification for a 3-Week Excommunication Notice

  • Salaam Alaykoum
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2007
      Hi Whit,
      I am not sure what you mean by elaborating on the wording of the Westminster Divines.  I will say that my position of the lining of the Psalms being something circumstantial comes from reading the following from the Directory for the Public Worship of God:

      "Of Singing the Psalms:...But for the present, where many in the congregation cannot read, it is convenient that the minister, or some other fit person appointed by him and the other ruling officers, do read the psalm, line by line, before the singing thereof." (emphasis mine)

      May you all have a wonderful and blessed Lord's Day.

      Your sister in Christ,
      ~Samantha