Re: correction and a few words about the most recent "excommunications"

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2007
      It seems like my parenthesis in this post stating "from what I understand" may have caused some confusion for some reading. My knowledge of the said document is not just from second-hand sources though I did also hear about it second-hand. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

      On 4/23/07, Tony <amenendez78@...> wrote:
      In my last post, I should have made plural as it regards the word "excommunication." I really should proofread more even the short stuff. As it regards these most recent excommunications, I am again shocked beyond belief. I say this because near the end of last week (April 20th) one of the brethren that was excommunicated received a forty or so page letter (from what I understand) to urge his repentance and to try to teach him the "truth" of God. It should be reasonable to assume that decency in order gives more than a few days to read and even more so reflect upon something that lengthy. Secondly, the other family that was recently excommunicated tried to keep everything in the private sphere and yet is kicked out because they have chosen not to swear the oath.

      I do not think these three elders to be devils but I do think that they have from the start taken upon themselves that which they were not equipped to handle (of course I am not sure what three men could). I feel a great pity for them. May God's grace bring them to repentance in regard to their hastiness to execute judgment upon the sheep of God. And may also the Lord of glory help us to subdue any bitterness among those that have been involved in these things so that we may depend more upon our Lord Jesus Christ to the glory of His great grace. All things do indeed work for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose.

      Your brother in Christ,

      Tony