Re: Homeschool Text Needed

  • puritanone
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nocost2great"
      <manna4free@...> wrote:

      > Gary DeMar has some Christian American history texts, but I have
      not
      > seen any from a truly reformed perspective. I think Gary's texts
      paint
      > America as a nation firmly grounded in Christianity. I don't think
      > they address the pluralism that led us to the attitude that we
      should
      > not only tolerate but embrace all faiths which is the root of
      > political 'correctness' and Satan's tool to remove God and
      > Christianity from our nation.
      > Sometimes I think it is best to use a secular book, and augment
      with
      > *real* history books. That way, they learn what everybody else
      thinks
      > about what happened, and what really happened based on the
      writings of
      > those contemporary to the time.
      >
      > My two cents worth,
      >
      > Dee Dee

      Dee Dee, are you aware of the American history textbooks (as well as
      other textbooks) that are available free on-line at
      http://www.puritans.net/curriculum/?

      - Cata #1000 and 1001 - colonial American history

      - Cata #1089 through 1091 - US history

      I would be interested to know what you think of their perspective on
      American history.

      At least the goal was to provide textbooks from a perspective of one
      who agrees with the original Westminster Standards.

      - Parnell McCarter