Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Learn Jurisdiction and the Power of Christ

  • Whit R
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 31, 2007
      You are not alone in that assessment, Chris. I am beginning to think
      the same.

      Whit Roberts
      CLC Member, Free Church (Continuing) Visitor

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell"
      <naphtali@...> wrote:

      > While I have rejected the term in the past, this is sounding more
      and
      > more like a cult.
      > Sincerely,
      > Chris Coldwell
      > Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      > The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
      > Member Lakewood Presbyterian Church (PCA), Dallas, Texas
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry
      > <ragingcalvinist@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dee Dee,
      > >
      > > PLEASE, please, tell me you're kidding. Please?
      > >
      > > gmw.
      > >
      > > nocost2great wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      > > > <mailto:covenantedreformationclub%40yahoogroups.com>, Tony

      > > > Common
      > > >
      > > > Ah, and neither was I. My 'sin' was to say that I thought the
      > > > questions (in the CI) were good ones, and I wanted to be
      included
      > > > when answers were given. According to the elders, this was
      familiar
      > > > fellowship (though I had not communicated with
      > > > the 'excommunicated'.) I was given less than 24 hours to repent
      of
      > > > my 'sin' - and was served the oath. (The oath that requires one
      > > > vow that they have no questions... when I had already publicly
      > > > expressed that I had questions.)I was even verbally told by one
      of
      > > > the elders that it would not be lying to swear the oath, even
      though
      > > > I had questions! Actually, I think God used the treatment I
      received
      > > > to open my eyes even wider so that I might see.
      > > >
      > > > For His Glory,
      > > >
      > > > Dee Dee

    • humbled.learner
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
        Susan, thank you as well for forgiving me. I have learned a good
        lesson from this situation and will endeavor to keep my words closely
        guarded in the future. It indeed is a learned skill and will come
        from the practice of less talking and more listening. May the Lord be
        with you, Walt.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Wilkinson"