Correction

  • nocost2great
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 21 6:59 AM
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nocost2great"
      <manna4free@...> wrote:
      Dee Dee wrote:
      > For further clarification (in part 2 of the correspondence), I'll
      > add that it was not a single incident. Another 24 hour time frame
      > occured when I received a letter from Greg stating that he had not
      > yet read my letter of defense for not signing the oath (and that
      he
      > hoped to reply the next week.) The next day I was excommunicated,
      > and the defense letter was not responded to until 6 days later...
      > basically proving that the excommunication was impending
      regardless
      > of what biblical responses were received in defense of not signing
      > the oath.

      Correction:

      It was late, and I was tired, and not paying close attention. My
      husband has pointed out that I confused some details. Actually the
      above should state that the second 24 hour time frame occurred after
      receiving a letter from Greg stating he hadn't read my defense
      regarding *not removing my name from the CI and not publicly
      repenting for 'joining hands' with my brethren who penned it.* I was
      officially served the *oath* (though the essence of it was contained
      in the 'brotherly letter' dated Dec 1st) less than 24 hours later,
      *not excommunicated.*
      I will also note that I did receive a 'response' to my post "Our
      ninth commandment duties" before being excommunicated. No diaolgue
      ensued, it was just Greg's response to defend himself publicly,
      stating he felt that I had misrepresented him, and to Shawn's
      questions of clarification (not mine) which was copied to me on the
      same day the excommunications were issued.
      Again please forgive me for getting letters confused - oath vs
      excommunication. For those of us who had issues with the
      discrepancies between practice and biblical and historical testimony
      they are actually one and the same; the oath was just the precursor
      to the excommuication. But I don't want to be accused of
      untruthfulness, even if accidental.

      Standing for the truth,

      Dee Dee
    • forisraelssake
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 24 5:44 PM
        Dear Tim

        I wanted to clarify. The story is more like this:

        Dee Dee was presented with an affidavit imposed by the session of the
        RPNA-GM warning her that she was being accused of unknown sin X with
        charges that were filed with the session in good order, and
        consequently she was required upon lawful authority with lawful
        jurisdiction over her to swear the lawful affidavit (as was her
        alleged duty) in order for the case over X to go to trial.

        Dee Dee was privately counseled by Rev. Greg Price to swear the
        affidavit despite her known questions and doubts against the very
        things in the affidavit oath that one affirmed one had no doubts or
        questions concerning, and that it would not be a lie to swear the
        affidavit. Dee Dee didn't/wouldn't/couldn't swear the affidavit, not
        being persuaded, creating a new sin A, that of refusing to swear the
        affidavit.

        She was then immediately excommunicated by the session of the RPNA-GM
        for sin A. Sin X was tabled as it had become irrelevant and was
        technically never decided on.

        Sin X was privately admitted to her and others to be familiar
        fellowship with others who had sinned sin A themselves and were
        presently excommunicated by the session of the RPNA-GM, with the
        accusing party of familiar fellowship against Dee Dee being the
        session of the RPNA-GM and the judging party being the same session of
        the RPNA-GM.

        So the controversies are not quite as you stated below, but
        nonetheless very serious obviously

        Sincerely,
        Chris

        'excommunicated'

        > Tim writes:
        >
        > Dear Dee Dee
        >

        > Observing what has been said so far, if I understand you correctly in
        > the above, you have said that you were excommunicated without the
        > specifics of the charges being made known to you and that those
        > charges would be made known to you only if you signed an oath that
        > committed you to a statement that you had no questions about issues
        > where you had questions; and an elder claimed that your signing the
        > statement under such circumstances would not be a lie.

      • Ic Neltococayotl
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 24 7:02 PM
          Chris,

          Hey my brother! I see you signed off as 'excommunicated'. So did they
          commit you to Satan as well?
          Did the tyrants disclose what 'sin' you had committed? Who your
          accusers were?

          I am sure that there is a few more to be ex'ed real soon.

          Chris, take care i'll be in contact with you some more later...have a
          blessed Lord's Day.

          Edgar

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "forisraelssake"
          <c_tylor@...> wrote:

          > Dear Tim
          >
          > I wanted to clarify. The story is more like this:
          >
          > Dee Dee was presented with an affidavit imposed by the session of the
          > RPNA-GM warning her that she was being accused of unknown sin X with
          > charges that were filed with the session in good order, and
          > consequently she was required upon lawful authority with lawful
          > jurisdiction over her to swear the lawful affidavit (as was her
          > alleged duty) in order for the case over X to go to trial.
          >
          > Dee Dee was privately counseled by Rev. Greg Price to swear the
          > affidavit despite her known questions and doubts against the very
          > things in the affidavit oath that one affirmed one had no doubts or
          > questions concerning, and that it would not be a lie to swear the
          > affidavit. Dee Dee didn't/wouldn't/couldn't swear the affidavit, not
          > being persuaded, creating a new sin A, that of refusing to swear the
          > affidavit.
          >
          > She was then immediately excommunicated by the session of the RPNA-GM
          > for sin A. Sin X was tabled as it had become irrelevant and was
          > technically never decided on.
          >
          > Sin X was privately admitted to her and others to be familiar
          > fellowship with others who had sinned sin A themselves and were
          > presently excommunicated by the session of the RPNA-GM, with the
          > accusing party of familiar fellowship against Dee Dee being the
          > session of the RPNA-GM and the judging party being the same session of
          > the RPNA-GM.
          >
          > So the controversies are not quite as you stated below, but
          > nonetheless very serious obviously
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Chris
          >

          > 'excommunicated'
          >

          > > Tim writes:
          > >
          > > Dear Dee Dee
          > >

          > > Observing what has been said so far, if I understand you correctly
          in
          > > the above, you have said that you were excommunicated without the
          > > specifics of the charges being made known to you and that those
          > > charges would be made known to you only if you signed an oath that
          > > committed you to a statement that you had no questions about issues
          > > where you had questions; and an elder claimed that your signing the
          > > statement under such circumstances would not be a lie.

        • humbled.learner
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 25 4:10 AM
            I'm still out of the country, but using the hotel computer for
            checking the messages.

            Dee wrote:

            "I in no way intended to imply by omission that I had not had any
            communication with Greg Price or the other elders. If anyone got the
            impression that occurred, please forgive me. I was not trying to be
            misleading or deceptive as Ginny has implied in her private emails to
            me. ***I was simply trying to use as few words as possible to refute
            Walt's insinuations that all who have been excommunicated were
            involved with the "Effort".***"

            This is deception in my opinion as I have not tried to insinuate all
            that have been excommunicated were involved in the Effort. I would go
            so far as to say that the Effort People did create the underlying
            arguments and opinions that lead (in some respects, and really
            specifically in Dee Dee case as she wrote that she wanted her name
            added to the Effort document) to many to self-excommunicate themselves.

            I read Dee Dee comments below that triggered Jerry's reply, and the
            flurry of replies in her support, and found it unsupported by the
            truth. Jerry has withheld one of my posts from being posted as I was
            trying to go through some of the procedure that is normally followed
            based upon allegations. Unfortunately, when it is sent, it is not
            saved in Yahoo so I don't have a copy, but I understand that selective
            posting is understandable if Jerry feels like my posts should not be
            posted. I responded in detail to Marc as to the process I feel one
            uses to back up an allegation, as we know that all facts are never
            known once an allegation is made against someone. It is only after
            levels of discovery that we learn of all the documents and facts to
            prepare a case.

            As I read through these comments below, I can see that people forget
            one main point. The charges brought before those people initially
            were in order, and to be made available, ONLY if there was given
            permission for the court to hear the case as a member (e.g.,
            jurisdiction granted via mutual consent) and also acknowledging by the
            parties they believed the court to be a lawful court and uphold the
            churches subordinate standards. This is how I SIMPLY read the oath.

            Clearly, if you read the early responses to the oath, some denied
            membership in the church, but only in societies. Some rejected that
            the RPNA (GM) was a church, but only group of societies...as one phone
            call I had with a brother put me outside the RPNA (GM) as a member of
            a church, and they argued I was not even a member of a society because
            I was only one person in the wilderness, and could not possibly be a
            member of the RPNA (GM). Some rejected the additional subordinate
            standards on our web site were not lawful, and could not bind their
            consciences since they were never agreed to be a lawful court. Some
            argued that a lawful Session court could only be local defined by
            jurisdiction boundaries, and acceptable mutual duties, not by mutual
            consent and agreement between member and court.

            I think if someone goes through the primary documents written by the
            Elders in the response to these brethren (whom generally, in majority,
            involved in the Effort) you will see a lot of Q&A in your mind. If
            like Jerry you simply glance through 25 pages then you might not fully
            understand the extent of the communications. The first thing that
            comes to mind as Chris has said is "a cult". This is the hot button
            I've heard him use before, and the more people that will ignore the
            documents, and use the word "cult" the more it will become sexy for
            those to go public with sensational comments like what Dee Dee made
            below. I'm even surprised at the level of Edgar's summaries, as they
            are written with such firm conviction that it sounds like they poor
            little sheep were just rolled over by the great tyrannts, and they
            were only just studying as innocent students.

            Hopefully this message gets through.

            Walt.
          • humbled.learner
            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 25 4:23 AM
              opps, a little late now...already got the fire burning HOT with
              follow-up words like "cult" and Dee Dee, PLEASE, please, tell me
              you're kidding. Please? gmw."

              Indeed, the best response after the damage is done, is:

              "It was late, and I was tired, and not paying close attention. My
              husband has pointed out that I confused some details. Actually the
              above should state that the second 24 hour time frame occurred after
              receiving a letter from Greg stating he hadn't read my defense
              regarding *not removing my name from the CI and not publicly
              repenting for 'joining hands' with my brethren who penned it.* I was
              officially served the *oath* (though the essence of it was contained
              in the 'brotherly letter' dated Dec 1st) less than 24 hours later,
              *not excommunicated.*"

              I'm really not sure how someone could make such an important
              mistake, but whatever the reason, it sure got everyone to look at
              the Elders like some extreme Tyrants.

              I think this is wrong in my opinion, but let's see if it gets
              through.

              Walt.

              <manna4free@...> wrote:

              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nocost2great"
              > <manna4free@> wrote:
              > Dee Dee wrote:
              > > For further clarification (in part 2 of the correspondence),
              I'll
              > > add that it was not a single incident. Another 24 hour time
              frame
              > > occured when I received a letter from Greg stating that he had
              not
              > > yet read my letter of defense for not signing the oath (and that
              > he
              > > hoped to reply the next week.) The next day I was
              excommunicated,
              > > and the defense letter was not responded to until 6 days
              later...
              > > basically proving that the excommunication was impending
              > regardless
              > > of what biblical responses were received in defense of not
              signing
              > > the oath.
              > >
              > Correction:
              >
              > It was late, and I was tired, and not paying close attention. My
              > husband has pointed out that I confused some details. Actually the
              > above should state that the second 24 hour time frame occurred
              after
              > receiving a letter from Greg stating he hadn't read my defense
              > regarding *not removing my name from the CI and not publicly
              > repenting for 'joining hands' with my brethren who penned it.* I
              was
              > officially served the *oath* (though the essence of it was
              contained
              > in the 'brotherly letter' dated Dec 1st) less than 24 hours later,
              > *not excommunicated.*
              > I will also note that I did receive a 'response' to my post "Our
              > ninth commandment duties" before being excommunicated. No diaolgue
              > ensued, it was just Greg's response to defend himself publicly,
              > stating he felt that I had misrepresented him, and to Shawn's
              > questions of clarification (not mine) which was copied to me on
              the
              > same day the excommunications were issued.
              > Again please forgive me for getting letters confused - oath vs
              > excommunication. For those of us who had issues with the
              > discrepancies between practice and biblical and historical
              testimony
              > they are actually one and the same; the oath was just the
              precursor
              > to the excommuication. But I don't want to be accused of
              > untruthfulness, even if accidental.
              >
              > Standing for the truth,
              >
              > Dee Dee

            • Walt Bre
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 25 4:50 AM
                Katrina,

                Would you post the entire excommunication document to this site so everyone may read the reasons you were excommunicated?  I cannot comment on the discussions below, but think that if you post the entire excommunication on this site it will give everyone the reasons you were excommunicated.

                Walt.

                Katrina Schumacher <triple3ranch@...> wrote:

                Dear List;

                I think that Dee Dee has nothing to fear from Ginny Dohms posting what ever Ginny wants, here on the list, after all it is the Lord that
                truly knows all that has occurred and all the heart intents of those involved, and even if, Dee Dee needs to please
                her husband and not post publicly here, the Lord always raises up someone to defend the good names of
                His children; so Dee Dee dear; please rest in this.

                That, Dee Dee, stated that she was  given less than 24 hours is consistent with my last phone conversations with the two Elders from Edmonton
                in April 2005;
                I want to add that my email (april 2005) to the three Elders did express some of the  concerns of Elder Dohms as well. Before I sent this email to the
                three Elders (Price, Barrow, Dohms) I first read it over the phone to Elder Lyndon Dohms
                  and Lyndon stated that he found nothing wrong
                with it; to go ahead and send it.....my mistake was in CCing it to my family; and this action caused Lyndon to withdraw his support.
                Lyndon told this to me during the following phone conversation that had both Lyndon and Elder Barrow present;  then while on the phone with
                these two men; I asked for two weeks, to have any action delayed until after my flight to Albany in order to visit with my children there, attend
                the wedding of Ed and Hanna (who had so kindly set their wedding date to accommodate my visit) and
                to be able to witness the baptism of my little grand daughter Emily Price.   I then would have been able to talk to pastor
                Greg Price in person about my concerns while in Albany New York....and I then in this same phone conversation; told the Elders from Edmonton that my flight plans were to fly from
                Albany New York to Edmonton Alberta; to be
                 in person at Edmonton to be present for my daughter Doralynne's birth of her first child (Doralynne is also married to Lydon and Ginny Dohms' son Jordan)...and I then could talk face to
                face with Greg Barrow and Lyndon Dohms.  I was told by Greg Barrow that my children in Albany would not want to see
                me and that Ed and Hanna would not want me at their wedding.... I was being emotionally pushed to repent for my letter to the Elders that
                addressed my concerns and also pushed to agree to a gag order to never speak against the Elders again in the future...
                So on the emotion of the moment, the pain of the handling of these Elders on the phone.... I asked for twenty minutes to pray about my decision,
                and the Elders(Lyndon and Greg B) phoned back in an hour and I was officially excommunicated just like that....... I canceled my
                flight to Albany with the return trip through Edmonton; this trip a gift paid for and given to me by a dear friend, just three months prior
                after the death of Grant my first husband.

                 The two Elders involved in this phone excommunication, probably do not recall much of that conversation, and would no
                doubt refute that anything was said to me by Greg Barrow  about the wedding or the planned visits to my children; that Lyndon witnessed Greg Barrow's words
                .....or even of Lyndon telling
                me to go ahead and send off my email to the three Elders(including himself).... ......
                so just my word....against, .... but heaven did witness this treatment to a new widow.....

                 I need to learn more about what is proper Church Court Behavior, I do not believe my concerns or that of the recent excommunicated
                were handled properly.

                To readers of the Covenanted Reformation Club posts; if you have not already gone to Bob Sutton's blog; you
                can read for yourself a well thought out and prayerful Response of one of the resent Excommunicated,
                I think Stan has done a good balanced job of putting forth the responsibility of the remaining membership of
                the former RPNA.

                "At the voice of thy cry; when He shall hear it, He will answer thee."
                Isaiah 30:19

                Sincerely and Prayerfully written;
                that some good and not more harm would come from my testimony.

                Katrina Schumacher
                CRCNA

                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 25 6:02 AM
                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "humbled.learner"
                  <humbled.learner@...> wrote:

                  > Jerry has withheld one of my posts from being posted as I was
                  > trying to go through some of the procedure that is normally followed
                  > based upon allegations. Unfortunately, when it is sent, it is not
                  > saved in Yahoo so I don't have a copy, but I understand that selective
                  > posting is understandable if Jerry feels like my posts should not be
                  > posted.

                  What in the world are you accusing me of, exactly? I don't recall
                  ever withholding any of your posts. The only thing I remember is that
                  time where your posts were delayed (not withheld, but delayed) when my
                  computer blew up and I had no access to the internet, and you couldn't
                  understand that my computer blew up and I didn't have access to the
                  internet.

                  I certainly don't ever recall speaking to you about not following
                  proper procedure.

                  Please explain what you are talking about.

                  gmw.
                • puritan_at_heart
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 25 6:53 AM

                    Not that anyone needs me to, but I second that. Which is why I joined Jerry's group and ASK him to moderate my posts, knowing I not always think so well. Cos I know he can completely be trusted that way, and is fair. I not ever been in another group who I've asked the group owner the same thing.  Cos they not been so trustworthy IMO, and I been in lots of  Reformed groups at different times.

                    ~Deejay

                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Wilkinson" <gpyp@...> wrote:

                    > Walt,
                    >

                    > because everyone here knows Jerry to be honest, forthright and fair in his
                    > moderation. >
                    >

                    > Susan
                    >

                    > _____

                  • humbled.learner
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 25 10:50 AM
                      Susan,

                      Thanks for this witness testimony against me as I've heard it very
                      clear and also apologise to you and others who were offended. It
                      was obviously my mistake, and making them so often helps me keep a
                      grip on the weaknesses I have in adequately defending my actions.
                      This has been another good lesson for me to see and confess my sin.
                      I hope you, and others offended, will too forgive me. This will be
                      my final post so not to make these type mistakes again on this forum.

                      I'm flying to another part of Africa early in the morning and then
                      back home to Michigan by Thursday. I will not be able to read your
                      or others comments, but will trust in the Lord that He will soften
                      your and Jerry's heart toward my mistake, and allow you both to
                      forgive me. Lord willing, should I make it back to Michigan as
                      planned, I will see your posts in response to my request.

                      Your brother in Christ,
                      Walt.

                      <gpyp@...> wrote:

                      > Walt,
                      >

                      > I am weary of both your overt and implied accusations against
                      Jerry that
                      > your posts aren't going through. You are not helping your cause in
                      this
                      > because everyone here knows Jerry to be honest, forthright and
                      fair in his
                      > moderation. Please stop falsely accusing him or else bring proof
                      that you
                      > have been wronged by him. If it's true that one or more of your
                      posts
                      > haven't made it through there are a few other logical
                      possibilities as to
                      > why; you might want to consider that before you make assumptions
                      and public
                      > accusations.
                      >

                      > Also as far as I'm concerned you've done a fabulous job of
                      demonstrating the
                      > veracity of the point of view of those you seek to refute.
                      >

                      > Susan

                    • Katrina Schumacher
                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 25 11:05 AM
                        Walt;

                        I give to you full leave to have Ginny post my email of April 2005 to the Elders to this forum....if it is posted
                        in it's entirety, the email that I read aloud over the phone to Lyndon Dohms first before mailing.....that email voices all of my then concerns...and if folks want to then discuss what is written there, I'm game.

                        ~Katrina~

                        > PLEASE, please, tell me you're kidding. Please?
                        >
                        > gmw.

                        Jerry,
                        I wish I could. I woke up this morning to find a challenge from Ginny
                        to tell the whole story, so I will format and post the 'dialogue'
                        between Greg Price and me before the public sin of having familar
                        fellowship was committed.
                        I find myself between a rock and a hard spot though. If I bow out, I
                        will give Ginny leave to tell what happened third party, and only
                        based on information she has garnered via emails. If I continue, I
                        will offend my husband even more by publicly testifying. There are times though when the heart can not keep silent, and the ninth
                        commandment compells us to tell the truth. Ginny has threatened to set
                        the record straight if I don't repent publicly by this evening. There
                        is no way for me to dig up and format everything by then, but I would
                        like to put it in an orderly document so that it is easier to follow.
                        Hopefully I can get that done this week, but we are scheduled to go
                        out of town Thursday morning, and preparations have to be made for
                        that.

                        I will confess that I have to just *assume* this was the sin I was
                        charged with, because it was the only sin I was approached about (and
                        it was less than 24 hours.) Since the accuser/accusations remain
                        secret until the oath is sworn, there is really no way to tell for
                        sure.

                        Upholding the Truth,

                        Dee Dee

                        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                        TV dinner still cooling?

                      • Tim Cunningham
                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 26 6:59 AM
                          Hello Katrina

                          You also may post your email to this forum: you don't have to have
                          someone else do it.

                          Tim

                          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Katrina
                          Schumacher" <triple3ranch@...> wrote:

                          > Walt;
                          >
                          > I give to you full leave to have Ginny post my email of April 2005
                          to the
                          > Elders to this forum....if it is posted
                          > in it's entirety, the email that I read aloud over the phone to
                          Lyndon Dohms
                          > first before mailing.....that email voices all of my then
                          concerns...and if
                          > folks want to then discuss what is written there, I'm game.
                          >
                          > ~Katrina~
                          >

                          > _____

                          Walt Bre
                          > Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 5:51 AM
                          > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                          > Subject: RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Learn Jurisdiction and the
                          Power of
> [...]
                          not already
                          > gone to Bob Sutton's blog; you
                          > can read for yourself a well thought out and prayerful Response of
                          one of
                          > the resent Excommunicated,
                          > Stan B. http://reformedveri
                          > <http://reformedveritas.blogspot.com/2007/03/31007-for-your-
                          consideration-re
                          > sponse.html>
                          > tas.blogspot.com/2007/03/31007-for-your-consideration-response.html
                          > written on March 10/07
                          > I think Stan has done a good balanced job of putting forth the
                          > responsibility of the remaining membership of
                          > the former RPNA.
                          >
                          > "At the voice of thy cry; when He shall hear it, He will answer
                          thee."
                          > Isaiah 30:19
                          >
                          > Sincerely and Prayerfully written;
                          > that some good and not more harm would come from my testimony.

                          <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com
                          /mailb
                          > eta/newmail_tools.html> Auto-Check.
                          > Try the Yahoo!

                          <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com
                          /mailb
                          > eta/newmail_tools.html> Mail Beta.
                          >

                          > _____
                          >
                          > TV dinner still cooling?
                          > Check out <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49979/*http://tv.yahoo.com/>
                          > "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

                        • Katrina Schumacher
                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 26 8:53 AM
                            Yes Tim,

                            I realize that I can post at will.....however I'd prefer that it was okay
                            with the Dohms household what was posted, in response to Walt.

                            It is my personal email to the Elders that expresses concerns on more than one point.
                            That email is also very direct in naming what I and Lyndon Dohms thought were personal
                            weaknesses of the two Gregs.....so again, if Ginny wants to post it through
                            Gerry is one thing, and me being willing to post it without Ginny and Lyndon's
                            go ahead is another.

                            Walt probably only knows about the 'so called official  Cathie Soles Excommunication notice" that
                            went out over the internet to former RPNA members. This notice does not address
                            my concerns of April 2005; instead that action of excommunicating me, gave the Elders;
                            a neat and tidy way of closing the matter.

                            Reading over Samantha Elossais documents,  Dee Dee's , Edgar, Bob, Stan B., Chris Tylor,
                            the Tarons, I am weary of it all....the problems, the consequences of mishandling
                            just become deeper, higher, wider...the fruit of it all so Spoiled

                            Truly a sad history to weep over.

                            Isaiah 30:19
                            "At the voice of thy cry;
                            when  He shall hear it, He will answer thee."

                            ~Katrina Schumacher~

                            Communicate member of the CRCNA
                            and yes the elders of  the two CRCNA churches that I've worshiped
                             with since that excommunication
                            were fully told of the details and the concerns of April 2005..
                            I was warmly welcomed to their care.
                            I feel that the Lord has not allowed me to be greatly harmed,
                            He has been most merciful in not allowing my health to be harmed,
                            He has kept my spirit from falling into great bitterness;
                            He has used Shepherds, outside of the former RPNA;
                            Shepherds who have made of the Lord's Word a warm healing balm;
                            A Healing Balm, that has been applied to my wounds.
                            I am loved and cared for.

                            href="mailto:covenantedreformationclub%40yahoogroups.com">covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com

                            href="http://reformedveri">http://reformedveri
                            > <
                            href="http://reformedveritas.blogspot.com/2007/03/31007-for-your-">http://reformedveri tas.blogspot. com/2007/ 03/31007- for-your-
                            consideration- re

                            sponse.html>

                            tas.blogspot. com/2007/ 03/31007- for-your- consideration- response. html

                            written on March 10/07
                            > I think Stan has done a good balanced job of
                            putting forth the
                            > responsibility of the remaining membership of

                            the former RPNA.

                            > "At the voice of thy cry; when He shall hear
                            it, He will answer
                            thee."
                            > Isaiah 30:19
                            >
                            > Sincerely
                            and Prayerfully written;
                            > that some good and not more harm would come
                            from my testimony.

                            > Katrina Schumacher

                            CRCNA

                            .

                          • nocost2great
                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 26 8:45 PM
                              <humbled.learner@...> wrote:
                              Walt writes:
                              > Indeed, the best response after the damage is done, is:
                              >
                              > "It was late, and I was tired, and not paying close attention. My
                              > husband has pointed out that I confused some details. Actually the
                              > above should state that the second 24 hour time frame occurred
                              after
                              > receiving a letter from Greg stating he hadn't read my defense
                              > regarding *not removing my name from the CI and not publicly
                              > repenting for 'joining hands' with my brethren who penned it.* I
                              was
                              > officially served the *oath* (though the essence of it was
                              contained
                              > in the 'brotherly letter' dated Dec 1st) less than 24 hours later,
                              > *not excommunicated.*"
                              >
                              > I'm really not sure how someone could make such an important
                              > mistake, but whatever the reason, it sure got everyone to look at
                              > the Elders like some extreme Tyrants.
                              >
                              > I think this is wrong in my opinion, but let's see if it gets
                              > through.

                              Walt,
                              I won't comment on your insinuation there, but will ask that you
                              note - being served the oath when the elders know you have questions
                              regarding what they are asking you to swear, and in the same letter
                              telling you that if you don't swear it you will be excommunicated...
                              **and admitting to not even reading your letter of defense**... is
                              really no different that going ahead and excommunicating you. Yes, I
                              got the documents confused, but the intent to excommunicate was
                              clear - crystal clear - when the oath was served. The short span of
                              time between oath and excommunication is just a formality. I have
                              not painted anyone as a tyrrant, but the actions are indicative of
                              tyranny.
                              And as for judicial procedure... I have asked many for a historical
                              example of ANY court that required an oath granting lawful authority
                              of those ruling before a case was tried, much less opened. I can
                              imagine that we would all be in jail instead of excommunicated if it
                              were our civil courts requiring this. Had the oath been left out, I
                              don't think any of us would have failed to appear 'in court' to
                              defend our good names, as the ninth commandment requires, even if we
                              felt like it wouldn't be a fair trial. We could at least go on
                              record with our defense instead of being denied due process.

                              Standing for the truth,

                              Dee Dee
                            • Chris Coldwell
                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 27 6:08 AM
                                Dear Katrina,
                                I'm very thankful to the Lord for providing you the church home you have,
                                where you have pastors for your soul's good, and that you have been able to
                                "move on" and that this ecclesiastical abuse has not burdened your soul.

                                To clarify lest any take offense; my comments regarding the elders personal
                                problems has to do with what I am unwilling to bring up in a general
                                discussion of the validity of the excommunications as laid out in my
                                original comment to Mr. Suden. I was not passing judgment on any who are in
                                a position to have to deal with those matters; but it is not germane to that
                                general question as far as I am concerned. If I show an abundance of caution
                                here, it is simply that I don't want to be anything like those men.

                                Sincerely,
                                Chris Coldwell
                                Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
                                The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
                                Member Lakewood PCA, Dallas, Texas

> [...]

                                > can read for yourself a well thought out and prayerful Response of
                                one of
                                > the resent Excommunicated,
                                > Stan B. http://reformedveri
                                > <http://reformedveri
                                <http://reformedveritas.blogspot.com/2007/03/31007-for-your->
                                tas.blogspot.com/2007/03/31007-for-your-
                                consideration-re
                                > sponse.html>
                                > tas.blogspot.com/2007/03/31007-for-your-consideration-response.html
                                > written on March 10/07
                                > I think Stan has done a good balanced job of putting forth the
                                > responsibility of the remaining membership of
                                > the former RPNA.
                                >
                                > "At the voice of thy cry; when He shall hear it, He will answer
                                thee."
                                > Isaiah 30:19
                                >
                                > Sincerely and Prayerfully written;
                                > that some good and not more harm would come from my testimony.

                                .

                                --- End forwarded message ---
                              • Whit R
                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 31 8:11 PM
                                  You are not alone in that assessment, Chris. I am beginning to think
                                  the same.

                                  Whit Roberts
                                  CLC Member, Free Church (Continuing) Visitor

                                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Coldwell"
                                  <naphtali@...> wrote:

                                  > While I have rejected the term in the past, this is sounding more
                                  and
                                  > more like a cult.
                                  > Sincerely,
                                  > Chris Coldwell
                                  > Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
                                  > The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
                                  > Member Lakewood Presbyterian Church (PCA), Dallas, Texas
                                  > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry
                                  > <ragingcalvinist@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Dee Dee,
                                  > >
                                  > > PLEASE, please, tell me you're kidding. Please?
                                  > >
                                  > > gmw.
                                  > >
                                  > > nocost2great wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                                  > > > <mailto:covenantedreformationclub%40yahoogroups.com>, Tony

                                  > > > Common
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Ah, and neither was I. My 'sin' was to say that I thought the
                                  > > > questions (in the CI) were good ones, and I wanted to be
                                  included
                                  > > > when answers were given. According to the elders, this was
                                  familiar
                                  > > > fellowship (though I had not communicated with
                                  > > > the 'excommunicated'.) I was given less than 24 hours to repent
                                  of
                                  > > > my 'sin' - and was served the oath. (The oath that requires one
                                  > > > vow that they have no questions... when I had already publicly
                                  > > > expressed that I had questions.)I was even verbally told by one
                                  of
                                  > > > the elders that it would not be lying to swear the oath, even
                                  though
                                  > > > I had questions! Actually, I think God used the treatment I
                                  received
                                  > > > to open my eyes even wider so that I might see.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > For His Glory,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Dee Dee

                                • humbled.learner
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                                    Susan, thank you as well for forgiving me. I have learned a good
                                    lesson from this situation and will endeavor to keep my words closely
                                    guarded in the future. It indeed is a learned skill and will come
                                    from the practice of less talking and more listening. May the Lord be
                                    with you, Walt.