Re: [Covenanted Reformation] new subject

  • Walt Bre
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 7, 2007
      Amen and amen...when tradition overturns your life and
      the scriptures, beware!

      --- michael hewitson <m_hewitson@...> wrote:

      > Dear Tom, I should like to introduce myself as I am
      > a new member to this group. My name is Mick
      > Hewitson and I live in the UK. I came to the lord
      > nearly forty years ago, and not long after I had
      > been baptised I happened to drift into a junk shop,
      > I enquired of some religeous books and the owner had
      > just that morning made a house clearance; from
      > out-back of the shop he produced a cardboard box of
      > very old books, when I got them home and began to
      > read them I came across a book by a 17th century
      > devine by the name of Elisha Coles entitaled " The
      > sovereigty of God in Election, effectual calling and
      > election. WOW! it nearly blew my mind and changed my
      > life forever. There is a poor copy of this work on
      > " the puritansmind website which claims to be to be
      > a copy of the original, but infact is a load of
      > rubbish; It has been edited to death, much of the
      > original work has been omitted and missrepresented.
      > Anyway, this work( though correct) made me to
      > corroberate the book by
      > reading the whole bible for myself. I concluded
      > that it is unsafe to trust any man whoever he is and
      > however he is revered as scripture always interprets
      > scripture, check and recheck, we should take care
      > who we emulate as our everlasting future depends on
      > it..Yours in Christ Jesus, Mick
      >
      > Tom <bndr1643@...> wrote: Chris,
      >
      > I had the same problem.
      >
      > Tom
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Bored stiff? Loosen up...
      > Download and play hundreds of games for free on
      > Yahoo! Games.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
    • desire_pure_heart
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 12, 2007
        Greetings to you, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

        Brother Chris Coldwell, may I also have your reasons.

        blessings,

        Katrina Schumacher
        triple3ranch@...

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Grenon