The Arpiennay Heretic Elders, Athanasius & NO Jurisdiction for Manifest Heretics

  • presbytyrranosaurusrex
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2007
      Mr. Ibarra,

      1 Cor. 11. The saintly Apostle argues from the Light of Nature / unaided natural reason
      i.e. Philosophically, and Theologically i.e., aided reason / Revelation by the Holy Ghost.
      Also, according to their Subordinate Standards, they condemn themselves by not really
      following them, and are therefore, hypocrites. Take for example the RPNA's "Athanasian
      Creed" subordinate standard written against the Arian heretics (denying Christ as Son of
      God), when about 97 percent of those with formerly lawful authority in the Church,
      repudiated that authority by manifest public and obsinate heresy (Athanasius won the
      day):

      Athanasian Creed ccel.org

      1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;

      2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall
      perish everlastingly.

      3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;

      4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.

      5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.

      6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory
      equal, the majesty coeternal.

      7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.

      8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.

      9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit
      incomprehensible.

      10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.

      11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.

      12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated
      and one incomprehensible.

      13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.

      14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.

      15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;

      16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.

      17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;

      18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.

      19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by
      himself to be God and Lord;

      20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three
      Lords.

      21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.

      22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.

      23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor
      begotten, but proceeding.

      24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not
      three Holy Spirits.

      25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.

      26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.

      27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be
      worshipped.

      28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.

      29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the
      incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.

      30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of
      God, is God and man.

      31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of substance
      of His mother, born in the world.

      32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.

      33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His
      manhood.

      34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.

      35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of that manhood into
      God.

      36. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person.

      37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;

      38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the
      dead;

      39. He ascended into heaven, He sits on the right hand of the Father, God, Almighty;

      40. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

      41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;

      42. and shall give account of their own works.

      43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting and they that have done
      evil into everlasting fire.

      44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.

      You see, the creed is an argument against their pseudo-jurisidiction. Athanasius argues
      directly contrary to their actions. I don't have much time to write, but if you would like to
      study this further, I am glad to oblige. You see, you are not excommunicated by the
      heretics in the RPNA, but you are excommunicated if you reject the creed, as would have
      been the case in Athanasius's day.

      Point of clarification if you would:

      You have a link to TrueCovenanter.com which features Lutheran links. Are you Lutheran or
      Calvinistic in your understanding of Justification by Faith Alone? The two are quite
      different you see, and you have painted a rather broad bursh stroke. I would be happy to
      speak of the differences, if you like. They are significant, and they cannot both be true.

      Rejecting all the traditions of men, I remain sincerely yours,

      PTREX

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"