I better just clarify

  • humbled.learner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 10:40 AM
      I wrote:

      "I'll be patiently waiting to see this next set of documents when they
      are published to make a more informed decision as to the entire
      picture. I would ask you to please wait as well and indeed encourage
      you to read Bob S. site as he has done a nice job of laying out the
      public events we know of so far. I think the real heart of matter is
      just being uncovered and studied."

      I want to make it very clear that I do not consider the heart of the
      matter the individual excommunications, nor do I believe that the
      Elders knew about all these documents before they made their
      decisions. As I read the comments I wrote above, I knew that people
      could easily twist my words into somehow saying what Cheryl claimed
      earlier that either Bob or I said in a previous post.

      In the context of what I am saying to the man who I addressed my
      email, it was that these documents will give him "a more informed
      decision as to the entire picture" and "I think the real heart of the
      matter is just being uncovered and studied."

      Those who are going to jump out and start accusing the Elders for
      rashly excommunicating people because they believe my comments above
      meant that they did not have all sufficient documents for
      excommunication need to please reconsider. If they insist on drawing
      conclusions from something I did not say, I would ask that you please
      address my privately to clarify my meaning. I understand this is a
      very emotional issue, and I wanted to make myself more clear.

      Let me repeat again for those who might still not understand. You can
      read Bob's site to learn about the reasons for the excommunications,
      and you can wait for the publishing of a future paper to make a more
      informed decision as to the entire picture if you have already ruled
      against the Elders, or ruled in favor of the Elders. However, do not
      believe that the Elders implied or I implied that they are going to
      consider these new documents as some sort of basis to reconsider the
      excommunications. I hope this has been clearly stated.

      Again, if you are still confused, please write me privately. I know
      that some do not favor private communication, and believe all things
      should be open and public. I do prefer private communication and the
      use of the phone to discuss these issues, and although some testify
      against this method of communication, I use it often for clarity when
      I cannot jump on a plane and get in front of people face-to-face.

      Thank you for your patience and showing me charity in my explanation.

      Walt.