Is a mind a "terrible thing" 70's campaign and the Arpiennay

  • presbytyrranosaurusrex
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
      No, that campaign was perhaps started by some racist to incorrectly educate black people.

      A mind is not "a terrible thing," unless you are a gnostic that thinks created matter is
      inherently evil (same for guns, booze, tabackky, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc.)

      "IT IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE A MIND" is correct. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"
      just ain't correct.

      Also, from the early Church period, manifest heretics, immediately lose all jurisdiction (if
      they ever had any). The so-called RPNA elders deny the light of nature in forbidding
      headcoverings (according to their website), and therefore have no jurisdiction, whatsoever.
      It is heresy to deny nature's light. It is not a light thing - no pun intended.

      So don't sweat em,' just pray that they will come to the point that they are willing to obey
      all the commands of Christ. "Be ye perfect as my father in Heaven is perfect" - Jesus Christ
      the Lord. Go ye therefore into all the four corners of the world to make disciples,
      baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost teaching them to
      observe ALL that I have commanded you, and Lo, I AM with you, even unto the
      consummation of the world. - MT 28:19-20.

      In the end what really happens to those they have excommunicated, have they dropped
      dead (like Ananias and Sapphira)? No, just some very normal responses to wicked,
      prideful, and perverse tyranny.

      "Unless you eat My flesh and drink My blood, you have no life in you." - Jn 6:53.

      You cannot fight Satan with Satan.

      "Love conquers all,"

      PTRex
    • Scandals & Animals
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
        "A mind is a terrible thing" (minus "to waste") was a line in a comic
        routine by Robin Williams, years ago. In the routine, he imitated a dumb
        black athlete who was having trouble reciting his lines in a PSA. He ended
        the bit by having the athlete say, "Do what I do--give to the United Negro
        College Fund, because a mind is a terrible thing."

        ---------------------------------
        Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no
        constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no
        court can even do much to help it.

        --Learned Hand

        -------------------

        Ron Paul 2008: America's last chance?

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
          PTRex,

          The real destructive thing for a Christian to do is follow the Pope,
          i.e. the Anti-Christ.

          Sometimes followers of the evil one do not know that they are so. How
          bright a light Rome appears to be.

          And if one does not use head-coverings, is that really heresy?

          What is heresy is the denial of justification by faith alone, without
          works, in Christ alone.

          Edgar Ibarra

          Reformed Presbyterian/Covenanter

          "presbytyrranosaurusrex" <presbytyrranosaurusrex@...> wrote:

          > Also, from the early Church period, manifest heretics, immediately
          lose all jurisdiction (if
          > they ever had any). The so-called RPNA elders deny the light of nature
          in forbidding
          > headcoverings (according to their website), and therefore have no
          jurisdiction, whatsoever.
          > It is heresy to deny nature's light. It is not a light thing - no pun
          intended.

          > So don't sweat em,' just pray that they will come to the point that
          they are willing to obey
          > all the commands of Christ. "Be ye perfect as my father in Heaven is
          perfect" - Jesus Christ
          > the Lord. Go ye therefore into all the four corners of the world to
          make disciples,
          > baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost
          teaching them to
          > observe ALL that I have commanded you, and Lo, I AM with you, even
          unto the
          > consummation of the world. - MT 28:19-20.
          >
          > In the end what really happens to those they have excommunicated, have
          they dropped
          > dead (like Ananias and Sapphira)? No, just some very normal responses
          to wicked,
          > prideful, and perverse tyranny.
          >
          > "Unless you eat My flesh and drink My blood, you have no life in you."
          - Jn 6:53.

          > You cannot fight Satan with Satan.
          >
          > "Love conquers all,"
          >
          > PTRex

        • presbytyrranosaurusrex
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2007
            Mr. Ibarra,

            1 Cor. 11. The saintly Apostle argues from the Light of Nature / unaided natural reason
            i.e. Philosophically, and Theologically i.e., aided reason / Revelation by the Holy Ghost.
            Also, according to their Subordinate Standards, they condemn themselves by not really
            following them, and are therefore, hypocrites. Take for example the RPNA's "Athanasian
            Creed" subordinate standard written against the Arian heretics (denying Christ as Son of
            God), when about 97 percent of those with formerly lawful authority in the Church,
            repudiated that authority by manifest public and obsinate heresy (Athanasius won the
            day):

            Athanasian Creed ccel.org

            1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;

            2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall
            perish everlastingly.

            3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;

            4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.

            5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.

            6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory
            equal, the majesty coeternal.

            7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.

            8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.

            9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit
            incomprehensible.

            10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.

            11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.

            12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated
            and one incomprehensible.

            13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.

            14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.

            15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;

            16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.

            17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;

            18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.

            19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by
            himself to be God and Lord;

            20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three
            Lords.

            21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.

            22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.

            23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor
            begotten, but proceeding.

            24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not
            three Holy Spirits.

            25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.

            26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.

            27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be
            worshipped.

            28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.

            29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the
            incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.

            30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of
            God, is God and man.

            31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of substance
            of His mother, born in the world.

            32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.

            33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His
            manhood.

            34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.

            35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of that manhood into
            God.

            36. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person.

            37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;

            38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the
            dead;

            39. He ascended into heaven, He sits on the right hand of the Father, God, Almighty;

            40. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

            41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;

            42. and shall give account of their own works.

            43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting and they that have done
            evil into everlasting fire.

            44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.

            You see, the creed is an argument against their pseudo-jurisidiction. Athanasius argues
            directly contrary to their actions. I don't have much time to write, but if you would like to
            study this further, I am glad to oblige. You see, you are not excommunicated by the
            heretics in the RPNA, but you are excommunicated if you reject the creed, as would have
            been the case in Athanasius's day.

            Point of clarification if you would:

            You have a link to TrueCovenanter.com which features Lutheran links. Are you Lutheran or
            Calvinistic in your understanding of Justification by Faith Alone? The two are quite
            different you see, and you have painted a rather broad bursh stroke. I would be happy to
            speak of the differences, if you like. They are significant, and they cannot both be true.

            Rejecting all the traditions of men, I remain sincerely yours,

            PTREX

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"