Re: On going events

  • bob_suden
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 28, 2007
      Greetings Walter,

      Sorry to take so long getting back to you.

      Thanks also for putting in a good word for the Reformed Presbyterian Veritas  site and the RPNA(GM) timeline .

      Unfortunately your post ignores  one of the main reasons for the site in the first place. The church of our Lord Jesus Christ is not a gnostic organization. That  includes the covenanted  Reformed Presbyterian Church/Reformed Presbytery, much more pretenders to the same.  There are no arcane or occult terms of communion necessary for membership.

      In other words, just  how long are we to wait for more secret and obscure documents to be published and come to light? How many more gospels of Thomas  or yet undiscovered epistles of Paul are we yet to wait for and reserve all judgement in the mean time? Just when will the long lost covenanter version of the Raiders of the Lost Ark be screening at a theater near you? How long before the DVD version ships to a video store around the corner from my  house?

      In other words, if things are not so crystal clear and the heart of the matter is yet to be uncovered and studied, it is not too much to call those who are willing to excommunicate brethren from the visible church of the Lord Jesus Christ on said  undecided/unstudied  topics "innovators and tyrants."  (The poor souls, one wonders what they would do if someone did to them what they have summarily and illegally done to others.)  That, as well as irresponsible and amateurish bunglers who have overreached themselves and consequently need to repent and make restitution for their premature and  presumptuous decisions for which they had no reasonable basis or scriptural  rationale.

      Even further,  even if the elders of  the former RPNA are correct in the future final analysis, they have done an abysmal –  if not incomplete, as you admit –  job in the here and now of publicly expounding their position from Scripture, reason and history. If at long last they do come up with a genuine public vindication of their extraordinary court, having finally stumbled upon that illusory  silver bullet –   which you say you are patiently waiting for –  they still have appealed to and argued from  implicit faith all along, as well as excommunicated on the basis of that same ignorance.

      But if that is not categorically unacceptable from anybody who would be considered a faithful covenanted and reformed presbyterian elder, whether teaching or ruling, never mind a court, I don't know what is. Neither, I would respectfully suspect, do you or anybody else, including the three  brethren in question.

      Promises are promises though, however unofficial, of more to come from these same brethren. While we wait breathlessly for the same, on the other hand we are bold in Christ to say that some further Further Remarks on the PPSA are now available, as in the first installment of "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste - Unless One is a Faithful Member in Good Standing in the RPNA(GM) . " This   addresses the instances the PPSA tramples on and contradicts the light of natural reason, much more  reasonable arguments and as a consequence  why the long running United Negro College Fund slogan should apply to those who can swallow the PPSA and the oath that supports it.

      Deo volente the rest of the installments shall appear before the promised booklet below, not that I suppose it might make any difference to those who are intent on smothering that same light, but one can always hope.

      cordially yours,
      in Christ
      B. Suden

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "humbled.learner" <humbled.learner@...> wrote:

      > Hi Whit,
      >
      > As I understand from the Elders, there will be coming out another
      > paper or booklet discussing some of the unpublished documents that led
      > up to the series of events that caught many of us off guard. Some of
      > these documents have recently come to light and I believe the Elders
      > will begin to study these documents as well. Sometimes things are not
      > so crystal clear at first look. I'll be patiently waiting to see this
      > next set of documents when they are published to make a more informed
      > decision as to the entire picture. I would ask you to please wait as
      > well and indeed encourage you to read Bob S. site as he has done a
      > nice job of laying out the public events we know of so far. I think
      > the real heart of matter is just being uncovered and studied.
      >
      > I suspect their report will not come for another month or so as I
      > understand, but it will be forthcoming. Nobody indeed, especially
      > Elders, like to be classified tyrants and innovators. I think these
      > next set of documents and the Elders paper/booklet will help balance
      > the scales for many who have already ruled against them.
      >
      > May you be blessed,
      > Walt.

    • desire_pure_heart
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 12, 2007
        Greetings to you, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

        Brother Chris Coldwell, may I also have your reasons.

        blessings,

        Katrina Schumacher
        triple3ranch@...

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Grenon