Warfield Sermons Greatly Reduced

  • Michael Gaydosh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007

      Warfield Sermons Greatly Reduced

      Although Benjamin B. Warfield was a biblical scholar of the very highest magnitude, he was first and foremost a Christian minister, and a gifted preacher. Solid Ground is deeply concerned that few modern reformed Christians have sat at Warfield's feet and learned from him, especially in the area of preaching. We are therefore offering a very special opportunity to purchase his four existing volumes of sermons for the price of just $34.95 (List Price $65.98).

      FAITH & LIFE
      B. B. Warfield kept up the Princeton tradition of Sunday afternoon classes with the students of the Seminary in which, in his own words, 'the deepest currents of the Christian faith and life were explored'. This book contains some of the memorable addresses he gave on those occasions. You will turn to these sermons again and again as they expound the glorious riches of the gospel in a way only Warfield could do. 464pp. Cloth-bound.
      List Price $19.00

      THE SAVOIUR OF THE WORLD
      Warfield's expositions unobtrusively express both his scholarly sense of the precise meaning of his texts and the warmth of his devotion to Jesus Christ. The result is a book of the highest order - biblically instructive and spiritually engaging. 280pp. Cloth-bound.
      List Price $17.00

      THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION
      In 1903 the Presbyterian Board of Publications sent forth a volume containing Eight Sermons by Dr. Benjamin B. Warfield. The title given to the volume summed up the theme of the entire book: The Power of God unto Salvation. This is the one hundredth anniversary of the publication of that first volume of Warfield's sermons, and Solid Ground Christian Books is preparing to commemorate this with an Special Anniversary Edition of this book.

      In addition to the eight sermons, we are also excited to announce that we will have an Appendix containing a little-known work of Warfield's entitled Four Hymns and Some Religious Verses by Benjamin B. Warfield. Many years ago I was shown this work by Dr. William Harris at the Princeton Seminary Library, and believe it will be a fitting addition to this new edition of The Power of God unto Salvation. All the Sermons included in this volume were preached in the chapel of the Theological Seminary at Princeton.
      List Price $17.99

      THE PERSON & WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
      This precious book contains all the sermons, articles and book reviews on this vital subject by one of the most brilliant theologians America has ever produced. Sinclair Ferguson, author and pastor, said, "I commend these pages, as one who has continually been helped by their contents. It is a treasure to be enjoyed again and again."
      List Price $11.99

      PURCHASE ALL FOUR FOR JUST $34.95  (List Price $65.98)