Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Why do people deny this??

  • Deejay
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
      I think it goes back to what Isa says. About calling good evil and evil
      good. As history always remebers the villains more kindly than they
      should be, and the heroes are misrepresented and maligned. Its why
      folks like John Knox and John Calvin are rememberd with the bias against
      them, and falsely portrayed, by many historians and the puritans
      portrayed often as "mad fanatics" but folks like Hitler are excused or
      justifed.

      That's my two bob's worth on stuff like this, for what its worth.

      ~Deejay

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...>
      wrote:

      > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
      > > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust

      <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_confe\
      rence> and
      > > it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the
      holocaust.

      > > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
      > >
      > > So what is up wih that?
      >
      > I never could see what the benefit for denying this would be. It's not
      > like Hitler would be OK if it were only 2 million Jews, or even a half
      > million, right?

    • Edwin
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
        I'd guess more along the line of "something else".  What, I'm not sure.  But I do believe that most everything Ahmadinejad says is twisted by the Western press.  For example, he never said that Israel must be annihilated, he said "Zionism" must be annihilated.  Big difference, but its totally lost on the pro-Israel Western news media, which, in the United States at least, is owned by Jews.  I also don't believe Ahmadinejad has ever denied the Holocaust.  He is saying that it has been used by the Zionists to guilt the world into giving them land in Palestine, land that they had no rights to at all.

        So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust and it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the holocaust.

        I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.

        So what is up wih that?

        Nut cases? or something else?

        -Edgar

      • John and Holly Putz
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
          I think the reason Arabs in particular deny the Holocaust because the Holocaust played an important role in justifying the creation of the modern state of Israel in 1948. If the Holocaust didn't happen, then the state of Israel had no right to exist (or it had less of a right to exist).  This is why the anti-Holocaust folk tend to be anti-Zionist folk, too (whether they are Arabs or not).  Notice, Iran's president announced--at the end of the conference denying the Holocaust--that Israel was soon going to be "wiped off the map".  That wasn't a non sequitur in their minds.  No Holocaust, no Israel on the map.  Period.  If you don't want Israel on the map, you have good reason to find a way to deny the Holocaust.

          Either way, it is stupid and wicked.

          Regards,
          John

          wrote:

          > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
          > > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust

          <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_confe\
          rence
          > and
          > > it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the
          holocaust.

          > > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
          > >
          > > So what is up wih that?
          >
          > I never could see what the benefit for denying this would be. It's not
          > like Hitler would be OK if it were only 2 million Jews, or even a half
          > million, right?

        • katrina
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
            Dear List:

             Recently I borrowed from the Church library the movie ****The Hiding Place****

            here is a link to a little history on this Dutch family that lived during the time of the holocaust....
            Corrie being a survivor and a Mature Christian certainly would have told the truth, if the
            Holocaust had never happened, or if the numbers of Jews killed by the Nazis were less....

            Most of her family gave their lives to help the disposessed Jews.....

            Katrina Schumacher
            CRC Rimbey Alberta
            Canada

          • Daniel Ross
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 13, 2006
              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic
              Neltococayotl" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

              > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust

              <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_co
              nfe\
              > rence> and it appears that many around the world also deny the
              extent
              > of the holocaust.
              >
              > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
              >
              > So what is up wih that?
              >
              > Nut cases? or something else?
              >
              > -Edgar
              I wasn't going to post anything about this since there seemed to
              be alot of posts, I figured someone would have covered it. I don't
              see much information on the why of this so I will post what I have
              discovered about this.
              "Historical Revisionists" started out in the 70's questioning the
              number of people exterminated in The German Concentration Camps
              during WWII. They cited the time it would take to evacuate The
              Zyklon B gas out of the chambers and how long it would take to
              creamate the bodies and concluded that 6 million people could not
              have been exterminated during the time it was said to have benn
              going on.
              This was picked up by people with another agenda. Neo-Nazis,
              Anti-Semites, Conspirists who believe "The Jews" control The Media,
              The Banks, Modern Culture, etc. are the people in The West who have
              really carried the torch for this idea ever since.
              Many Muslim's are taught from their earliest ages that The Jews
              are cursed by Allah and that they are "The True Enemy" of all
              righteous Muslims. They are considered to be the ones refered to in
              The Quran's opening chapter as "Those who have incured Thy Wrath"
              and many "old school" Muslims believe that Israel was established
              by "Iblis" (The Great Satan) specifically to destroy Islam.
              Obviously, if you can convince peopele that "The Shoa"
              (Holocaust) was an elaborate hoax the jews and ruling powers put
              over on the rest of the world, to justify The State of Israel, you
              can argue they have no right to be there. You could also stir up
              trouble against The Jews in other countries and say you were
              just "paying them back" for so badly maligning the German people.
              When confronted with the films made by the Allied Forces of The
              Camps, they claim they were "faked" or that The Russians
              (Communists) actually ran those camps and the people you see in them
              were "Christians" exterminated by The Commisars (who always end up
              being Jewish, so no matter what...it's all the jews fault).
              Sorry for being so long winded, but this might give you some ideas
              of what "the bigger picture" is in this.
              Daniel
              PS: If you think I am just being an apologist for The State of
              Israel, I assure you, the information I've obtained on this subject
              has been from the "Historical Revisionists" themselves.