Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Why do people deny this??

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
      Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
      > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust
      > <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_conference> and
      > it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the holocaust.
      >
      > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
      >
      > So what is up wih that?

      I never could see what the benefit for denying this would be. It's not
      like Hitler would be OK if it were only 2 million Jews, or even a half a
      million, right?
    • Deejay
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
        I think it goes back to what Isa says. About calling good evil and evil
        good. As history always remebers the villains more kindly than they
        should be, and the heroes are misrepresented and maligned. Its why
        folks like John Knox and John Calvin are rememberd with the bias against
        them, and falsely portrayed, by many historians and the puritans
        portrayed often as "mad fanatics" but folks like Hitler are excused or
        justifed.

        That's my two bob's worth on stuff like this, for what its worth.

        ~Deejay

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...>
        wrote:

        > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
        > > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust

        <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_confe\
        rence> and
        > > it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the
        holocaust.

        > > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
        > >
        > > So what is up wih that?
        >
        > I never could see what the benefit for denying this would be. It's not
        > like Hitler would be OK if it were only 2 million Jews, or even a half
        > million, right?

      • Edwin
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
          I'd guess more along the line of "something else".  What, I'm not sure.  But I do believe that most everything Ahmadinejad says is twisted by the Western press.  For example, he never said that Israel must be annihilated, he said "Zionism" must be annihilated.  Big difference, but its totally lost on the pro-Israel Western news media, which, in the United States at least, is owned by Jews.  I also don't believe Ahmadinejad has ever denied the Holocaust.  He is saying that it has been used by the Zionists to guilt the world into giving them land in Palestine, land that they had no rights to at all.

          So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust and it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the holocaust.

          I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.

          So what is up wih that?

          Nut cases? or something else?

          -Edgar

        • John and Holly Putz
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
            I think the reason Arabs in particular deny the Holocaust because the Holocaust played an important role in justifying the creation of the modern state of Israel in 1948. If the Holocaust didn't happen, then the state of Israel had no right to exist (or it had less of a right to exist).  This is why the anti-Holocaust folk tend to be anti-Zionist folk, too (whether they are Arabs or not).  Notice, Iran's president announced--at the end of the conference denying the Holocaust--that Israel was soon going to be "wiped off the map".  That wasn't a non sequitur in their minds.  No Holocaust, no Israel on the map.  Period.  If you don't want Israel on the map, you have good reason to find a way to deny the Holocaust.

            Either way, it is stupid and wicked.

            Regards,
            John

            wrote:

            > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
            > > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust

            <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_confe\
            rence
            > and
            > > it appears that many around the world also deny the extent of the
            holocaust.

            > > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
            > >
            > > So what is up wih that?
            >
            > I never could see what the benefit for denying this would be. It's not
            > like Hitler would be OK if it were only 2 million Jews, or even a half
            > million, right?

          • katrina
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
              Dear List:

               Recently I borrowed from the Church library the movie ****The Hiding Place****

              here is a link to a little history on this Dutch family that lived during the time of the holocaust....
              Corrie being a survivor and a Mature Christian certainly would have told the truth, if the
              Holocaust had never happened, or if the numbers of Jews killed by the Nazis were less....

              Most of her family gave their lives to help the disposessed Jews.....

              Katrina Schumacher
              CRC Rimbey Alberta
              Canada

            • Daniel Ross
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 13, 2006
                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic
                Neltococayotl" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                > So there is a conference going on in Iran that denies the Holocaust

                <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust_co
                nfe\
                > rence> and it appears that many around the world also deny the
                extent
                > of the holocaust.
                >
                > I hear some conspiracy theorists also deny it.
                >
                > So what is up wih that?
                >
                > Nut cases? or something else?
                >
                > -Edgar
                I wasn't going to post anything about this since there seemed to
                be alot of posts, I figured someone would have covered it. I don't
                see much information on the why of this so I will post what I have
                discovered about this.
                "Historical Revisionists" started out in the 70's questioning the
                number of people exterminated in The German Concentration Camps
                during WWII. They cited the time it would take to evacuate The
                Zyklon B gas out of the chambers and how long it would take to
                creamate the bodies and concluded that 6 million people could not
                have been exterminated during the time it was said to have benn
                going on.
                This was picked up by people with another agenda. Neo-Nazis,
                Anti-Semites, Conspirists who believe "The Jews" control The Media,
                The Banks, Modern Culture, etc. are the people in The West who have
                really carried the torch for this idea ever since.
                Many Muslim's are taught from their earliest ages that The Jews
                are cursed by Allah and that they are "The True Enemy" of all
                righteous Muslims. They are considered to be the ones refered to in
                The Quran's opening chapter as "Those who have incured Thy Wrath"
                and many "old school" Muslims believe that Israel was established
                by "Iblis" (The Great Satan) specifically to destroy Islam.
                Obviously, if you can convince peopele that "The Shoa"
                (Holocaust) was an elaborate hoax the jews and ruling powers put
                over on the rest of the world, to justify The State of Israel, you
                can argue they have no right to be there. You could also stir up
                trouble against The Jews in other countries and say you were
                just "paying them back" for so badly maligning the German people.
                When confronted with the films made by the Allied Forces of The
                Camps, they claim they were "faked" or that The Russians
                (Communists) actually ran those camps and the people you see in them
                were "Christians" exterminated by The Commisars (who always end up
                being Jewish, so no matter what...it's all the jews fault).
                Sorry for being so long winded, but this might give you some ideas
                of what "the bigger picture" is in this.
                Daniel
                PS: If you think I am just being an apologist for The State of
                Israel, I assure you, the information I've obtained on this subject
                has been from the "Historical Revisionists" themselves.