Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Every Home have a gun

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
      Larry Bump wrote:
      > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
      >>
      >> Yup, self-defense, I love that Biblical command!
      >
      > Guns are evil, aren't they?
      >
      > Larry

      In case anyone missed it, I was joking...
    • Ic Neltococayotl
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006

        Larry,

        We know.  But nuclear bombs...well that may be another story...indiscriminate killing/murder is evil I think.

        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...> wrote:

        > Larry Bump wrote:
        > > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Yup, self-defense, I love that Biblical command!
        > >
        > > Guns are evil, aren't they?
        > >
        > > Larry
        > >

        > In case anyone missed it, I was joking...

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
          This is the kind of careless attitude about firearms that leads to
          children playing with REAL guns! !!!!!PANIC!!!!!!!

          Tom ;-)

          > Guns are evil, aren't they?

          > In case anyone missed it, I was joking...
          > Larry
        • Larry Bump
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
            Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
            > Larry,
            >
            > We know. But nuclear bombs...well that may be another
            > story...indiscriminate killing/murder is evil I think.

            Yes, even in the cities they took in which they were commanded to kill
            all of the men, they were not to kill the women and children, nor the
            livestock and certainly not the trees.

            Using smaller (tactical) nukes against formations, fleets, etc, along
            the scope of an artillery barrage, would fit into the scheme of an holy
            war, but city-busters would not.

            Instead of Hiroshima, they should have nuked the Imperial Palace...
            Of course, the argument that the nuking and surrender saved more
            Japanese civilians than the explosions and radiation killed cannot be
            ignored.

            Larry