Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Every Home have a gun

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
      Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
      > Now this is my kind of person:
      >
      > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061206/us_nm/usa_guns_dc
      > <http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061206/us_nm/usa_guns_dc>
      >
      > Yup, self-defense, I love that Biblical command!

      Guns are evil, aren't they?

      Larry
    • Julian Gress
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
        Yesterday I heard that the State Department wanted to build new and
        better factories for the production of new to-be-designed nuclear
        weapons. Apparently according to some national or state law, they are
        required to listen to the input of citizens. In any case, at first
        the question is, "why do we need more and better bombs? Can't we
        destroy everything like 8 times over?" One person pointed out to me
        that the sensible nuclear weapon designs program would not be to make
        stronger and bigger bombs, but to make more precise ones, so that
        instead of blowing up whole cities, we may only destroy certain
        buildings or people. Anyway, it seems the role of a gun is not just
        protection in case of an intruder, but prevention--to discourage
        people from doing so. And this accords with the doctrine of mutually
        assured destruction. So, to apply this to a bigger scale, if every
        home should have a gun, should every nation have nuclear weapons?

        I'm curious to see whether you'll stick to your guns on this one :).

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
        <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

        > Now this is my kind of person:
        >
        > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061206/us_nm/usa_guns_dc
        > <http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061206/us_nm/usa_guns_dc>
        >
        > Yup, self-defense, I love that Biblical command!
        >

        > Edgar

      • Larry Bump
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
          Larry Bump wrote:
          > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
          >>
          >> Yup, self-defense, I love that Biblical command!
          >
          > Guns are evil, aren't they?
          >
          > Larry

          In case anyone missed it, I was joking...
        • Ic Neltococayotl
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006

            Larry,

            We know.  But nuclear bombs...well that may be another story...indiscriminate killing/murder is evil I think.

            Edgar

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bump <lbump@...> wrote:

            > Larry Bump wrote:
            > > Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Yup, self-defense, I love that Biblical command!
            > >
            > > Guns are evil, aren't they?
            > >
            > > Larry
            > >

            > In case anyone missed it, I was joking...

          • Tom
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
              This is the kind of careless attitude about firearms that leads to
              children playing with REAL guns! !!!!!PANIC!!!!!!!

              Tom ;-)

              > Guns are evil, aren't they?

              > In case anyone missed it, I was joking...
              > Larry
            • Larry Bump
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
                Ic Neltococayotl wrote:
                > Larry,
                >
                > We know. But nuclear bombs...well that may be another
                > story...indiscriminate killing/murder is evil I think.

                Yes, even in the cities they took in which they were commanded to kill
                all of the men, they were not to kill the women and children, nor the
                livestock and certainly not the trees.

                Using smaller (tactical) nukes against formations, fleets, etc, along
                the scope of an artillery barrage, would fit into the scheme of an holy
                war, but city-busters would not.

                Instead of Hiroshima, they should have nuked the Imperial Palace...
                Of course, the argument that the nuking and surrender saved more
                Japanese civilians than the explosions and radiation killed cannot be
                ignored.

                Larry