Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Meaning of Terms in 16th-17th Cent. Europe

  • Cheryl Grenon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: timmopussycat <timmopussycat@...>
      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 7:58:38 PM
      Subject: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Meaning of Terms in 16th-17th Cent. Europe

      Did it

      > include drug use where one's mental state is altered? (I heard that
      > being included a long time ago). How about the use of potions and herbs
      > to heal when such women were not known to be or were allowed to be
      > doctors; and like many do today with the home remedies and the adversion
      > to modern chemical medicine?

      Tim-If any of these were included there were no biblical grounds to do so.

      Cheryl -- My understanding (based on some reading of the history of birthing practices) is that any of the charges of witchcraft against women herbalist/midwives, etc., came mostly from the Roman Catholic traditions.

      Women tend to be the gatekeepers of health in families so you tend to find more of them as clients and practitioners of wholistic forms of healing.

      Yahoo! News

      Entertainment News

      The latest on stars,

      movies, and more