The "boundaries" of the Minister, Court and Its Authority - Unsettled State

  • Walt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      "That *Presbyterial Church Government* and manner of worship are alone
      of divine right and unalterable; and that the most perfect *model* of
      these as _yet attained_, is _exhibited_ in the Form of Government and
      Directory for Worship, _adopted by_ the Church of Scotland in the
      Second Reformation."

      "And whether these congregations were fixed or not fixed, in regard of
      officers _or_ members, it is all one as to *the truth* of the
      proposition. Nor doth there appear any material difference betwixt the
      several congregations in Jerusalem, and the many congregations now in
      the ordinary condition of the church, as to the point of fixedness
      required of officers or members." Form of Presbyterial Church Government.

      "For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged
      already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done
      this deed" (1Cor.5:3)

      "Now if Timotheus come, see that he may be with you without fear: for
      he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do. Let no man therefore
      despise him: but conduct him forth in peace, that he may come unto me:
      for I look for him with the brethren." (1Cor.16:10-11).

      "And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our
      fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to
      comfort you concerning your faith:" (1Thess.3:2).

      "Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints
      in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:"
      (Phil.1:1)

      "Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the
      Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus
      Christ." (1Thes.1:1)

      "For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order
      the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had
      appointed thee." (Tit.1:5)

      "Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition." (Tit.3:10)

      "When congregations are divided and fixed, they need all mutual help
      _one from another_, both in regard of their intrinsical weaknesses and
      mutual dependence, as also in regard of enemies from without." FPCG

      "And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees
      for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were
      at Jerusalem." (Acts.16:4)

      "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey
      the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among
      you as crucified? This only I want to learn from you: Did you
      receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of
      faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now
      being made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal.3:1-3).