Re: Familiar Friendship?

  • desire_pure_heart
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2006
      Dear Cheryl;

      A big hug to you poor sister.....
      I was glad to hear that the Lord sent someone to assist you...makes
      one think of Christ's question of who was a *Neighbour*...to the man
      left for dead along the road.

      Sadly, I can relate to your experience, after being Widowed, the
      greatest kindness coming from Grant's brother Danny who is member of
      the Christian Missionary Alliance....

      Confusion of the heart and soul is very hard to live with, but this
      is how to get past the misery, ***REMEMBER WHO THE LORD IS***

      I continue to pray for you dear sister,

      Blessings and peace,

      ~Katrina Schumacher~
      CRC Rimbey Alberta

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Grenon
      <knoxknoxwhosthere@...> wrote:

      > Dear Jerry,
      >
      > Could you, or some of the other non-RPNA Covenanters please explain
      your take on familiar fellowship? This is one area of my thinking
      that has been thoroughly messed. I used to know how to relate to
      other Christians from other denominations, but since being in the
      RPNA, the teaching and example from at least one of the elders is, I
      suspect, not a faithful representation and could likely be
      considered downright uncharitable and maybe even extreme.

      > A week or so ago my ancient van broke down outside the Christian
      school where my children attend. To make a long story short, one of
      the fathers of other children who attend there replaced my battery,
      my alternator, fixed the blinkers, filled the gas tank with over $100
      in gas, and cleaned the vehicle inside and out. He may have done
      other things as well, I don't know. The point is, that this
      Christian brother from another denomination that I wouldn't attend,
      did all these things for me and wouldn't accept a dime in payment. I
      was overcome. This came at a particularly crucial time since I was
      feeling somewhat abandoned by both God and man. The Lord used this
      brother to show me that I was not alone and that He still loves me,
      no matter what.