Re: Read it yourself if you think I'm lying.

  • humbled.learner
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
      Jerry,

      It has been sometime since I visited your site, but I thought I would
      make one or two comments. My schedule will not allow me to post very
      often, but I've been reading some of the threads and certainly can see
      you have more support than the occasional criticism, so please don't
      be overly distressed. I suspect you will have even more support from
      those in our church from what I've been reading today on your site.

      However, just so we understand the core issues, as I see them:

      1) You and others see no authority for a Pastor and two Ruling Elders
      to have a session, although extraordinary, as in Presbyterianism this
      is limited to only local Elders. Any time two or three are gathered,
      as Elders, across internation borders, it is unlawful for them to go
      beyond a certain defined set of authority that you will define for me
      here, please. Would you allow them, as Elders, to pray? Would you
      allow them to aide in a marriage problem? Would you allow them to
      rule on the definition of one or our six terms of communion? Can you
      help me understand what is lawful and unlawful to you for Elders to do
      when separated by international borders?

      2) Do you believe the PRCE was lawful when all three Elders lived in
      the same area in Edmonton, or would you say they were unlawful? If
      they were lawful, did they become unlawful as a local session when
      they became the RPNA with two Pastors and three Ruling Elders, due to
      it being across international borders?

      3) Or, if they were lawful, did they become unlawful the minute that
      they ruled head coverings were cultural, and went against your views?

      In conclusion, is it possible for three Elders to come together and
      form a session locally, and where in Scripture do you see it being
      unlawful for them to do so internationally. I would rather not get
      into the discussion on General Meeting at this stage, but just want to
      focus on what makes a Session lawful in the eyes of Scripture and in
      the eyes of your presbyterian tradition.

      Thank you for your reply in due course.

      Walt.