Dear brothers and sisters

  • myjoyisthelord
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2006
      Dear brothers and sisters,

      I really don't know where to begin. As a member of the RPNA
      (GM), I feel that while others may be welcome here, I am not. After
      this post, I will be unsubscribing from this list.
      I'm only twenty-three years old. I don't claim to have any great
      amount of knowledge or wisdom; in fact, I see glaringly all the areas
      in which I am lacking. However, even I know that backstabbing,
      bitterness, anger, and willful ignorance are not the manner in which
      Christians should approach one another. Since I am seeing these
      things displayed here, I don't see any edification in staying. This
      is a pretty sad decision for me to make, because I've been a member
      of this list for a long time, and although I rarely posted, I learned
      and benefitted much from others' words.
      If anyone has any questions about what the RPNA teaches, I
      believe it would be Biblical to speak with someone who is not bent
      upon representing the RPNA in the worst light possible. "He that is
      slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of
      spirit exalteth folly." (Proverbs 14:29) And if anyone would like to
      speak to me privately, for the purpose of edifying discussion, you're
      MOST welcome to do so. myjoyisthelord@...
      I remain, as always, grieved beyond words by schism in the church
      of Christ. With James Renwick, I long for the day when those will be
      united on earth, who will be united in heaven. God bless you, His
      people, and lead you in the light of His countenance and His truth.

      With much love and a heart broken in pieces,
      your sister in Christ,
      ~~Irene
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2006
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "myjoyisthelord"
        <myjoyisthelord@...> wrote:

        > I feel that while others may be welcome here, I am not. After
        > this post, I will be unsubscribing from this list.

        You are always welcome here, Irene.

        > However, even I know that

        > backstabbing,

        Who stabbed back here?

        > bitterness, anger,

        I'm sorry if I came off as being bitter (I am not bitter about this, I
        assure you), but I have not seen bitterness or excessive anger
        expressed in this forum by anyone else. Of course, I read things
        through my own eyes, so I could be missing something.

        >and willful ignorance

        If this is like unto Ginny's accusation that I am judging before
        hearing the other side of the story, I must reiterate...

        I AM GOING ALMOST 100% ON THE VERY DOCUMENTS ISSUED BY THE "SESSION"
        OF THE REFORMED "PRESBYTERY" OF NORTH AMERICA "GENERAL MEETING." I
        READ THEIR DEFENSE, I READ THE LETTERS LEADING UP TO THE DEFENSE, I
        READ THE LETTERS OF EXCOMMUNICATION. It was only recently that I was
        provided the viewpoint of the "opposition," and I have not finished
        reading that yet.

        Just what in this world am I supposed to read to remove this alleged
        "willful ignorance"?

        > If anyone has any questions about what the RPNA teaches, I
        > believe it would be Biblical to speak with someone who is not bent
        > upon representing the RPNA in the worst light possible.

        It's very sad that simply stating what they are saying and doing is
        construed as representing them in the worst light possible. But
        that's the nature of this whole mess -- just stating what is happening
        sounds absurd, ugly, bizarre, and a bunch of other things I won't say
        but I know people are thinking.

        My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those poor people that have
        been so terribly affected, one way or another, by this tryannical
        behavior.