Re: Familiar Frienship?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2006
      I'm baffled and flabbergasted (sp?)that such people as you describe
      have been cast "from the visible church" and "delivered over to Satan"
      by a Reformed Presbyterian Church!

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
      <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

      > Dear Jer and Cheryl,
      >
      > For the record, I am having "familiar fellowship" with 2 of the
      > "excommunicated" brethren here in Albany. Both of them are committed
      > to the Six Terms of Communion as stated in the Act, Declaration, and
      > Testimony and have not evidenced any apostasy from Christ and His Law.
      > Like faithful Presbyterian Covenanters they would not submit to implict
      > faith (at best). I will leave it at that.
      >
      > There is always a limit to one's power and authority.
      >
      > For Christ's Crown and Covenant,
      >
      > Edgar
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
      > <raging.calvinist@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
      > > jasperh98@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello to all. I am saddened to hear of strife between Christians
      > > and along with so many others I pray that our merciful Lord may bring
      > > healing to the broken relationships.
      > > >
      > > > Without delving here into any particulars of that issue, I noticed a
      > > comment by Willena that prompts me to ask for clarification:
      > > >
      > > > "and to maintain a friendship with someone who didn't see things
      > > > the same way would be familiar fellowship.. . and therefore
      > > idolatry."
      > > >
      > > > Is this the covenantor understanding, and if so what would briefly
      > > be the basis? Thank you.
      > > >

      > > It sure is NOT my understanding, that's for sure. I think what you're
      > > reading is Willena complaining against this tyranny, not agreeing with
      > it.
      > >
      > > gmw.

    • Ic Neltococayotl
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2006
        gmw,

        So are many of us.

        So are many of us. It is truly a sad state of affairs.

        Pray for them and those of us that have yet been given over that are
        challenging this abuse of power.

        Edgar