Re: Familiar Frienship?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2006
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
      <jasperh98@...> wrote:

      > Hello to all. I am saddened to hear of strife between Christians
      and along with so many others I pray that our merciful Lord may bring
      healing to the broken relationships.

      > Without delving here into any particulars of that issue, I noticed a
      comment by Willena that prompts me to ask for clarification:

      > "and to maintain a friendship with someone who didn't see things
      > the same way would be familiar fellowship.. . and therefore
      idolatry."

      > Is this the covenantor understanding, and if so what would briefly
      be the basis? Thank you.

      It sure is NOT my understanding, that's for sure. I think what you're
      reading is Willena complaining against this tyranny, not agreeing with it.

      gmw.
    • Ic Neltococayotl
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2006

        Dear Jer and Cheryl,

        For the record, I am having "familiar fellowship" with  2 of the  "excommunicated"  brethren here in Albany.  Both of them are committed to the Six Terms of Communion as stated in the Act, Declaration, and Testimony and have not evidenced any apostasy from Christ and His Law.  Like faithful Presbyterian Covenanters they would not submit to implict faith (at best).  I will leave it at that.

        There is always a limit to one's power and authority.

        For Christ's Crown and Covenant,

        Edgar

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2006
          I'm baffled and flabbergasted (sp?)that such people as you describe
          have been cast "from the visible church" and "delivered over to Satan"
          by a Reformed Presbyterian Church!

          gmw.

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
          <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

          > Dear Jer and Cheryl,
          >
          > For the record, I am having "familiar fellowship" with 2 of the
          > "excommunicated" brethren here in Albany. Both of them are committed
          > to the Six Terms of Communion as stated in the Act, Declaration, and
          > Testimony and have not evidenced any apostasy from Christ and His Law.
          > Like faithful Presbyterian Covenanters they would not submit to implict
          > faith (at best). I will leave it at that.
          >
          > There is always a limit to one's power and authority.
          >
          > For Christ's Crown and Covenant,
          >
          > Edgar
          >

          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
          > <raging.calvinist@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
          > > jasperh98@ wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello to all. I am saddened to hear of strife between Christians
          > > and along with so many others I pray that our merciful Lord may bring
          > > healing to the broken relationships.
          > > >
          > > > Without delving here into any particulars of that issue, I noticed a
          > > comment by Willena that prompts me to ask for clarification:
          > > >
          > > > "and to maintain a friendship with someone who didn't see things
          > > > the same way would be familiar fellowship.. . and therefore
          > > idolatry."
          > > >
          > > > Is this the covenantor understanding, and if so what would briefly
          > > be the basis? Thank you.
          > > >

          > > It sure is NOT my understanding, that's for sure. I think what you're
          > > reading is Willena complaining against this tyranny, not agreeing with
          > it.
          > >
          > > gmw.

        • Ic Neltococayotl
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2006
            gmw,

            So are many of us.

            So are many of us. It is truly a sad state of affairs.

            Pray for them and those of us that have yet been given over that are
            challenging this abuse of power.

            Edgar