Re: Scottish Worship

  • Chris Coldwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7 6:29 AM
      The Scottish practice was basically EP with some exceptions until the
      adoption of the 1650 Psalter when these were dropped (I don't recall
      specifically about the GP). See Hymnology of the Reformation by David
      Hay Fleming (Naphtali Press Anthology series, www.naphtali.com); more
      generally see M'Crie's survey of Scottish worship practices, The
      public worship of Presbyterian Scotland. There are other works I think
      but they are not coming to mind.
      Sincerely,
      Chris Coldwell
      Owner, Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      Editor, The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
      Member, Faith Presbyterian Church Reformed, Mesquite TX
      http://www.fpcr.org

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "toratora1649"