[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Welcome, wayward Covenanters....

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
      Ginny,

      Private actions warrant private discussions: these are public acts.
      It is clearly a duty to publicly protest unlawful public acts and
      say, "not in our name." Not only are these acts not a Reformed or
      Presbyterian, they are not even biblical Christianity: these are
      further acts of tyranny and oppression done under color of law.
      They are to be opposed.

      It appears from the public record that the leadership sincerely
      believe they are doing the right thing, but I believe they are in
      serious error and doing an incredible amount of damage, even if
      unintentional.

      Tom

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
      <gdawn@...> wrote:

      > > I would be willing to discuss this further offline if it is
      > something you
      > > wish/need to understand more fully, but I am not about to discuss
      any
      > > particulars in a public forum.
      >
      > As I stated above, I will state again - I am not going to engage in
      this in
      > a public forum. It will only cause harm to the cause of Christ and
      I will

    • stroberson@charter.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
        I'm lost!!!

        I just recently joined this group, and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I was expecting a list on covenantal theology. Can someone explain what you are talking about? Maybe I need to be somewhere else.

        In His Service,
        Shawn Roberson
        Memorial Presbyterian (PCA)
        Elizabethton, TN
      • Kevin Guillory
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2006
          From: <stroberson@...>

          > I'm lost!!!
          > I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

          I'm lost too. The posts about "wayward Covenanters" just showed up
          unexpectedly. It's all taking place out of context for me too.

          In Christ,
          KEvin
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 10, 2006
            Sorry about this, Shawn.

            This is a place where we can discuss covenantal theology. If you have
            a topic in mind, let us know.

            What's going on here lately is that a church group calling themselves
            the Reformed Presbytery of North America (General Meeting), proporting
            to be the faithful maintainers of the traditions of the Covenanters
            (Reformed Presbyterians), has recently expelled quite a few members
            (10 in one shot, by my count), excommunicating them, for their
            unwillingness to swear an oath affirming the lawful authority of the
            one teaching elder (in the US) and their 2 ruling elders (in Canada)
            to rule together as a session that has authority not over one local
            church, but over several bodies of people (called societies) under
            their inspection in various places throughout the US and Canada.

            Some of us who identify with the Covenanters/Reformed Presbyterians,
            but are not members of this group, felt the need to respond to this
            public act by publically testifying against it, and by reaching out
            our hands of fellowship to those who have been put out of their church.

            I hope this helps, and I apologize for the delayed response.

            gmw.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, <stroberson@...> wrote:

            > I'm lost!!!
            >
            > I just recently joined this group, and I have no idea what anyone is
            talking about. I was expecting a list on covenantal theology. Can
            someone explain what you are talking about? Maybe I need to be
            somewhere else.

            > In His Service,
            > Shawn Roberson
            > Memorial Presbyterian (PCA)
            > Elizabethton, TN

          • Shawn T. Roberson
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 11, 2006
              GMW wrote:

              > Reformed Presbytery of North America (General Meeting)

              Are these the Stillwater Revival Books folks?

              In His Service,
              Shawn
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 11, 2006
                You've got the right people in mind, Shawn, yes.

                gmw.

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn T. Roberson"