Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Welcome, wayward Covenanters....

  • Ginny Dohms
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
      > I would be willing to discuss this further offline if it is
      something you
      > wish/need to understand more fully, but I am not about to discuss any
      > particulars in a public forum.

      As I stated above, I will state again - I am not going to engage in this in
      a public forum. It will only cause harm to the cause of Christ and I will
      not be a part of that.

      Bowing gracefully out of any further discussions on this subject....Ginny
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
        Ginny,

        Private actions warrant private discussions: these are public acts.
        It is clearly a duty to publicly protest unlawful public acts and
        say, "not in our name." Not only are these acts not a Reformed or
        Presbyterian, they are not even biblical Christianity: these are
        further acts of tyranny and oppression done under color of law.
        They are to be opposed.

        It appears from the public record that the leadership sincerely
        believe they are doing the right thing, but I believe they are in
        serious error and doing an incredible amount of damage, even if
        unintentional.

        Tom

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"

      • stroberson@charter.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
          I'm lost!!!

          I just recently joined this group, and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I was expecting a list on covenantal theology. Can someone explain what you are talking about? Maybe I need to be somewhere else.

          In His Service,
          Shawn Roberson
          Memorial Presbyterian (PCA)
          Elizabethton, TN
        • Kevin Guillory
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2006
            From: <stroberson@...>

            > I'm lost!!!
            > I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

            I'm lost too. The posts about "wayward Covenanters" just showed up
            unexpectedly. It's all taking place out of context for me too.

            In Christ,
            KEvin
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 10, 2006
              Sorry about this, Shawn.

              This is a place where we can discuss covenantal theology. If you have
              a topic in mind, let us know.

              What's going on here lately is that a church group calling themselves
              the Reformed Presbytery of North America (General Meeting), proporting
              to be the faithful maintainers of the traditions of the Covenanters
              (Reformed Presbyterians), has recently expelled quite a few members
              (10 in one shot, by my count), excommunicating them, for their
              unwillingness to swear an oath affirming the lawful authority of the
              one teaching elder (in the US) and their 2 ruling elders (in Canada)
              to rule together as a session that has authority not over one local
              church, but over several bodies of people (called societies) under
              their inspection in various places throughout the US and Canada.

              Some of us who identify with the Covenanters/Reformed Presbyterians,
              but are not members of this group, felt the need to respond to this
              public act by publically testifying against it, and by reaching out
              our hands of fellowship to those who have been put out of their church.

              I hope this helps, and I apologize for the delayed response.

              gmw.

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, <stroberson@...> wrote:

              > I'm lost!!!
              >
              > I just recently joined this group, and I have no idea what anyone is
              talking about. I was expecting a list on covenantal theology. Can
              someone explain what you are talking about? Maybe I need to be
              somewhere else.

              > In His Service,
              > Shawn Roberson
              > Memorial Presbyterian (PCA)
              > Elizabethton, TN

            • Shawn T. Roberson
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 11, 2006
                GMW wrote:

                > Reformed Presbytery of North America (General Meeting)

                Are these the Stillwater Revival Books folks?

                In His Service,
                Shawn
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 11, 2006
                  You've got the right people in mind, Shawn, yes.

                  gmw.

                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn T. Roberson"