Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Welcome, wayward Covenanters....

  • Ginny Dohms
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
      >I'm saddened and angered to hear of all this horrible mess, and I don't want any of you to take my "silence" to be an >approval of the lawfulness of these actions.
      Jerry,

      It is dangerous to judge and rule with only limited information.  Perhaps before you declare a verdict on the matter, you should hear all the evidence.  I don't think you would want people judging you, by only hearing what the opposition testifies.

      Jas 1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

      For Christ's Crown and Covenant.....Ginny

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
        Which RPNA(GM)statement/document would you like me to read? I have
        many of them in my possession and have been through them before
        writing what I did.

        Do not get me wrong, this will not be a place for people to come bash
        the RPNA (GM)...

        But I don't want these good people (whom you sadly label "opposition")
        to feel like all Covenanters agree with what is going down, BECAUSE WE
        DON'T.

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
        <gdawn@...> wrote:

        > >I'm saddened and angered to hear of all this horrible mess, and I
        don't want any of you to take my "silence" to be an >approval of the
        lawfulness of these actions.

        > Jerry,
        >
        > It is dangerous to judge and rule with only limited information.
        Perhaps before you declare a verdict on the matter, you should hear
        all the evidence. I don't think you would want people judging you, by
        only hearing what the opposition testifies.
      • Ic Neltococayotl
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
          Dear Jerry,

          Thank you for your right hand of fellowship Jer! Those within what is
          called the "RPNA (GM)" know that I have opposed the unlawful and
          unfaithful excommunications of late. Some of us have and will continue
          to call the brethren to return to faithful Covenanter Standards. Sadly
          there has been a serious deviation from Presbyterian polity and blatant
          disregard of due process and Church discipline. But at the moment we
          are struggling. Though I have not been given over, I sympathize with
          those excommunicated and continue to have familiar fellowship with them.
          I am still a Covenanter through and through. So, like Jerry, don't
          expect to hear from me a bashing of Covenanter distinctives. It is
          those very distinctives that we hold very, very dear that the troubles
          within our Covenanted Community have occurred.

          Enough from me, now. But I thought I would say something since I have
          been a regular writer here. Did not want to leave the impression that I
          am in suport of these excommunications.

          Truly, weeping for Christ's Crown and Covenant,

          Edgar Ibarra