Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Welcome, wayward Covenanters....

  • Cheryl Grenon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
      Dear Jerry,

      As one of those who has been delivered to Satan, I am truly grateful for your comments.  At this point in time I am reduced to just wanting God to get me and mine over the finish line.  Whether or not that means I remain a covenanter is still up in the air.  I am not sure any more what being a covenanter is.  I have the feeling that a lot of what I was told was faithful covenanter positions was no such thing.

      Yours and His,
      Cheryl -- who has received more mercy and grace from non-reformed Christians in recent days than from reformed folk
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
        >I'm saddened and angered to hear of all this horrible mess, and I don't want any of you to take my "silence" to be an >approval of the lawfulness of these actions.
        Jerry,

        It is dangerous to judge and rule with only limited information.  Perhaps before you declare a verdict on the matter, you should hear all the evidence.  I don't think you would want people judging you, by only hearing what the opposition testifies.

        Jas 1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

        For Christ's Crown and Covenant.....Ginny

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
          Which RPNA(GM)statement/document would you like me to read? I have
          many of them in my possession and have been through them before
          writing what I did.

          Do not get me wrong, this will not be a place for people to come bash
          the RPNA (GM)...

          But I don't want these good people (whom you sadly label "opposition")
          to feel like all Covenanters agree with what is going down, BECAUSE WE
          DON'T.

          gmw.

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
          <gdawn@...> wrote:

          > >I'm saddened and angered to hear of all this horrible mess, and I
          don't want any of you to take my "silence" to be an >approval of the
          lawfulness of these actions.

          > Jerry,
          >
          > It is dangerous to judge and rule with only limited information.
          Perhaps before you declare a verdict on the matter, you should hear
          all the evidence. I don't think you would want people judging you, by
          only hearing what the opposition testifies.
        • Ic Neltococayotl
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
            Dear Jerry,

            Thank you for your right hand of fellowship Jer! Those within what is
            called the "RPNA (GM)" know that I have opposed the unlawful and
            unfaithful excommunications of late. Some of us have and will continue
            to call the brethren to return to faithful Covenanter Standards. Sadly
            there has been a serious deviation from Presbyterian polity and blatant
            disregard of due process and Church discipline. But at the moment we
            are struggling. Though I have not been given over, I sympathize with
            those excommunicated and continue to have familiar fellowship with them.
            I am still a Covenanter through and through. So, like Jerry, don't
            expect to hear from me a bashing of Covenanter distinctives. It is
            those very distinctives that we hold very, very dear that the troubles
            within our Covenanted Community have occurred.

            Enough from me, now. But I thought I would say something since I have
            been a regular writer here. Did not want to leave the impression that I
            am in suport of these excommunications.

            Truly, weeping for Christ's Crown and Covenant,

            Edgar Ibarra