Steve Smith

  • puritanone
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
      The internet has made many things possible for all of us. One of the
      special blessings it provided to me was to come into contact with
      Steve Smith, through the Covenanted Reformation Club and r-f-w lists.
      Although we lived just across Lake Michigan from one another (he in
      Wisconsin and I in Michigan), humanly speaking I doubt I would have
      ever met Steve except for the internet. Steve became a dear friend.
      We both had gone through a winding spiritual journey, but were both
      coming to similar conclusions concerning the Lord Jesus Christ and His
      revealed word. Steve came down with cancer several years ago, but
      this only deepened his love for Jesus Christ and his attachment to the
      reformed faith. It was very special to be able to attend with Steve a
      communion season in a Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland
      congregation in Ontario this past weekend, and to see Steve accepted
      in the membership of the church, in what he knew would likely be the
      closing days of his life. And it was even more special to be able to
      pray with him, looking forward to the day we could reunite before the
      Lamb of God. Steve passed away on Friday, and surely left the rest of
      us a good testimony of one who persevered to the end. We ought to
      pray for Steve's wife and his four young children, that God would
      provide for them in Steve's absence.

      - Parnell McCarter
      Attender, ARC of GR
      Seek member in FPCS