Re: Biblical Presbyters

  • Ic Neltococayotl
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      Chris, et al:

      > Maybe this is an excellent case example of Biblical reformation
      (semper
      > reformada) and that the Church moves forward in santification and
      > progress and is not to digress. But the distinction is a good one to
      > point out, I had not really picked up on it before now. Thank you

      I meant to say that I had not seen the difference on the Doctor's role
      with the sacraments between the FBoD vs. the FPCG.

      Thanks,

      Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
      <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

      > Chris,

    • puritanone
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
        The internet has made many things possible for all of us. One of the
        special blessings it provided to me was to come into contact with
        Steve Smith, through the Covenanted Reformation Club and r-f-w lists.
        Although we lived just across Lake Michigan from one another (he in
        Wisconsin and I in Michigan), humanly speaking I doubt I would have
        ever met Steve except for the internet. Steve became a dear friend.
        We both had gone through a winding spiritual journey, but were both
        coming to similar conclusions concerning the Lord Jesus Christ and His
        revealed word. Steve came down with cancer several years ago, but
        this only deepened his love for Jesus Christ and his attachment to the
        reformed faith. It was very special to be able to attend with Steve a
        communion season in a Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland
        congregation in Ontario this past weekend, and to see Steve accepted
        in the membership of the church, in what he knew would likely be the
        closing days of his life. And it was even more special to be able to
        pray with him, looking forward to the day we could reunite before the
        Lamb of God. Steve passed away on Friday, and surely left the rest of
        us a good testimony of one who persevered to the end. We ought to
        pray for Steve's wife and his four young children, that God would
        provide for them in Steve's absence.

        - Parnell McCarter
        Attender, ARC of GR
        Seek member in FPCS