shaving in public places

  • Deejay
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2006

      Does anyone know anything or have any info (links) behind something I came across today that I’d not heard before,  on my web travels, though unfortunately I don’t remember where to post the link! But true or false would be good too, that in the Puritan era, men getting shaved in public barbers was frowned upon?

      TIA

      I AM HERE BUT NOT ALL THERE!

      You do me wrong to take me out o’ the grave:
      Thou art a soul in bliss; but I am bound
      Upon a wheel of fire, that mine own tears
      Do scald like moulten lead.
      King Lear–Shakespeare.