[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Why I am Not a Theonomist.......

  • reformed_wild_child
    Message 1 of 131 , Jul 3, 2006
      Same subject, different context, but I think it takes brass for anyone,
      (whomeverso they maybe) to stand up publically and say, oh yeah.. the
      westminster assembly were surely wrong on such a point, we know better!

      It took 300 years or so for someone to find a crucial flaw in their
      work!! I don't know however they managed to achieve all they did
      without folks in this groups help!! ;-)

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, peter_dawkins1963
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Kevin said,
      >

      > "Rather it would be that afterwards - as a professional, competent,
      > educated
      >
      > and educating scholar of the first-order - he never took back anything
      > he'd
      >
      > written earlier."
      >

      > Precisely! And Tim is fully aware of that. It's not like Bahnsen was
      > never
      >
      > challenged regarding TICE in the twenty-two years following its
      > publication,
      >
      > or that he never gave it another thought. So while Tim's comments are
      > gracious
      >
      > regarding Bahnsen's student days, he in essence is saying that in
      > twenty-two
      >
      > years of active scholarship and teaching Dr. Bahnsen just overlooked
      >
      > crucial flaw in his thinking which only Tim recently discovered! As I
      > said,
      >
      > that takes brass!
      >

      > Peter Dawkins

    • Fred blahous
      Message 131 of 131 , Jul 15, 2006
        G'day Deejay,

        Just so you know, I definitely wasn't implying that you were old.lol.

        All the best,
        Fred.