Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Why I am Not a Theonomist.......

  • Kevin Guillory
    Message 1 of 131 , Jul 2, 2006
      timmopussycat wrote:
      > Tim-Take a look at the sections of TFAF
      I haven't read it yet, so I know you won't mind if I refuse to
      make a judgment.

      > Tim-And every one of the men I have named will say that they are
      > attempting to do likewise. I hope you don't want to impute inerrancy
      > to Presbyterian scholars as opposed to first class men in other
      > denominations.
      Justification by grace alone through faith alone, along with male
      leadership, is biblical. To depart from that is to err. End of story.

      > Tim-I knew Bahsnen had encountered criticism from early days, but I
      > should have been more specific and said that AFAIK Bahnsen never
      > encountered a full critique of his exegesis of Matt. 5;17-20
      Again, I disagree re Matt 5:17-20. Gordon's initial attach was
      precisely against that passage by mistakenly thinking Bahnsen's whole
      argument depended upon this passage. "Fowler correctly observed that
      Bahnsen's entire case for his approach to the 'abiding validity of the
      law in exhaustive detail' was based on his understanding of Matt 5:17-21
      ... If Bahnsen cannot make his case from this text, his case cannot be
      made. (Critique of Theonomy, p. 28). And that's only one of a number of
      examples.
      As for the "alla" looking at Bahnsen's exegesis once again ... I see
      no problem with it. He forces nothing but marshals excellent
      scriptural, extra-scriptural and scholarly resources.

      In Christ,
      Kevin
    • Fred blahous
      Message 131 of 131 , Jul 15, 2006
        G'day Deejay,

        Just so you know, I definitely wasn't implying that you were old.lol.

        All the best,
        Fred.